“Lunch ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Friend ordered 12 fried oysters for 18.00.Oysters were so small that they should not have been served. It was primarily breading. I ordered 4 grouper nuggets. I misread price and thought it was $8.00. Instead, the 4 nuggets were 18.00.Definitely not worth it. Very disappointing, expensive lunch. We will not be going back!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were out for a Saturday evening bike ride on the Upper Tampa Bay Trail and after 13 miles we couldn’t wait to go inside, eat and enjoy the A/C.
It’s been several years since I’ve been to Ballyhoo’s and not much has changed. We had the calamari as an appetizer. It was good. I ordered the grilled fish tacos and a beer and both were delicious. The fish was talapia and it was fresh and cooked perfectly. Another person ordered the shrimp Alfredo and loved it! The child with us had the children’s fried shrimp and french fries. The shrimp was lightly breaded and of good size. We all enjoyed helping him eat his meal. The fourth person in our group ordered the crab cake sandwich and was disappointed for two reasons. One reason why was that the crab cake tasted fishy and the second reason was there was not enough remoulade sauce on it and it took asking twice to get more.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for happy hour beer and sure glad we did. 79cent oysters amazing. Steamed not so well but raw are fantastic! Beyond fantastic. Hardly any grit. Had the gator tail appetizer and then grouper stuffed with crab and shrimp and the special of blackened fish (starts with a p) with a mango salsa. The jerk flavor with the sweet mango salsa to die for! Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We have been here a few times. Tonight was a bit disappointing. I got a mango mojito and my wife got a regular one. My first one was awesome and my wife’s was terrible. My second one wasn’t very good. Obviously, the bartender is not very good. Drinks should be consistent.

The crab legs came out awesome at the start. As every order came out, they got worse brown with black spots and mushy meat. The service was terrible, the server was way overstretched. We waited more than ten minutes to get her attention. Even-though she would sometimes go to tables close to ours, she would never look up to she if anyone needed anything. Very disappointed

Reviewed 6 May 2018

The wife & I joined another couple on a Saturday early evening. We decided to give Bally Hoo another try. We were pleasantly surprised. All of u chose the chaulk board special. I had the blackened Snapper. My wife enjoyed the stuffed Sea Bass. We both agreed that this was the best meal that we've eaten at BallyHoo's in a few years. It's been 20 years or so since the Citrus Park location has opened. Back in the day I used to enjoy their Ribs, a Brew or 2 and maybe a grouper sandwich. Their menu was full of tasty treats. However, as the years rolled by and their management and staff rolled over a few times as well; their quality and service has been a roller coaster of hits n misses. I've sat outside before in their outdoor dining area and was over whelmend by the grease trap smell or trash!?. Back to this visit, I'd have to say that it was pleasing to the pallet while we stuck to the managers special. The service was good, although the waiter was new and not familiar with the menu, he hustled. Our food came out hot and flavorful. The IPA I ordered was slightly stale but cold. We'll probably go back during the week sometime soon for a lunch special.

Been to Ballyhoo Grill? Share your experiences!