“Mediocre experience made great”

Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore
Ranked #12 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 19 May 2012

My mother-in-law and I visited Wyndham as they were hosting a conference of our interest. The room was purchased with a sales pitch for the lounge level giving access to food/drink, etc. Our stay was on a weekend during which this service was not available. We expressed our concern and were provided with complimentary breakfast buffet (which was fantastic). We ordered lunch and the food wasn't up to our expectation (our veg sandwich had frozen vegetables on it... yuck!). However, we again expressed our concern and were comped almost 30% of our room. Though the experience was slightly disappointing in the beginning, the manager and his staff worked to make it the best possible for us. We'd go back and give it another shot.

2  Thank brodyha
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I apologize for the issues you experienced with the availability of our Club Level amenities and the quality of the vegetable sandwich in our restaurant. I am pleased that our management and staff was able to correct these issues to your satisfaction during your stay. We are excited to welcome you back to the Wyndham Tampa Westshore in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,331)

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Had a great conversation with the Chef while dining at Blue Water Grill. Food was awesome. Service all around was awesome.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012

For the price that we pay for this hotel in comparison w other nicer hotels (like the InterContinental) w the same price - was not worth it...

1. Everything is too old- bath, curtains, paper holder, AC adjuster, even doors
2. Bed is not as confortable as it should be and pillows are quite hard (had to take them away for a better sleep
3. Location is ok..

Overall if you dont mind little details in a hotel is a good choice but for the price you might want to get a better deal.

Room Tip: look for different pictures of the rooms - sometimes just one pic in their website can be misleading
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at our property. I apologize that you did not feel that the quality of our hotel matched the price that you paid. We certainly strive to achieve a comfortable and memorable experience for every guest. I apologize that this was not achieved during your stay. We will work to improve the issues you experienced. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

Had a great stay! Staff was very professional and extremely pleasant. It was refreshing to see service personnel who really enjoyed their work. Breakfast was very convenient and very good to boot. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel is conveniently located near the International Plaza and great restaurants. I will return on business.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank aryea g

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location, delicious breakfast and the superior service provided by our staff. Yours is exactly the kind of experience that we strive to achieve for each and every valued guest. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

We recently stayed at the Wyndham for the night before our cruise. I chose the Wyndham for their Stay and Cruise package which was to include the room for the night, parking for the week we were going on the cruse and transportation to and from the cruise terminal. We arrived for check-in around 9:00 p.m., check in went fairly smoothly, went up to our room and the air conditioning wasn't working, the room was ridiculously hot!! I called down to the front desk to request another room, the refused to give me another room but said they would send someone up to look at the A/C. It took about 30-40 minutes for maintenance to show up, another 30-40 minutes to "repair" the A/C in the room, and another hour or more after the A/C was repaired to cool off the room. After a long drive from Atlanta, all we really wanted to do was shower, relax and get a good nights sleep :-( I will say other than the A/C issue, the room was nice and the beds were comfortable.

The next morning, had the buffet breakfast, which was actually pretty good. Then it was time to head to the cruse terminal. The hotel transported us and our luggage to the terminal, which was great! The room price was suppoesd to include transportation back to the hotel after the cruise, which didn't happen. We were one of the last groups off the boat and went to the area where the driver told us we would be picked up. Waited for more than 30 minutes and nothing. I called the hotel, and was told to go wait at another pick-up point, walked over there, waited another 30 minutes and still nothing. So after 2 phone calls and more than an hour of standing around and waiting, we ended up taking a taxi back to our car at the hotel. Very annoying!!

In short, rooms are nice enough, staff was very friendly, but don't think I would stay here again.

2  Thank Skyruisstoo

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed our delicious breakfast buffet, comfortable beds and the friendly service of our staff. However, I apologize for the inconvenient issues you experienced with the guest room air conditioner and the return shuttle transportation from the cruise port. Please know that I have addressed your specific comments with our Engineering and Bell Staff to immediately look into and correct. We appreciate the opportunity to correct these issues and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I had a great stay at the Wyndham! They picked me up at the airport! front desk was great! I think Peggy said hello everytime she saw me LOL Love that! Also Ashley was great she helped us with great dinner plans. The restaurant had great tacos! I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and received such friendly and attentive service from our staff. I will certainly acknowledge Peggy and Ashley for providing a memorable experience for you. Also, I will share your comments about the tacos with our Chef. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I just completed a 14 day stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore while supporting an international conference. The staff was wonderful. Very accommodating to our large crew and our odd hours. Nice pool and fitness room. All you can eat M&Ms!!!

Free airport transfers and an great restaurant. Be sure to try the french onion soup.

Shout out to Heather and Ashley for going over and above the call of duty on our check out day!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am pleased that you enjoyed our relaxing pool, well-equipped fitness center, delicious food, complimentary M&Ms, and the service from our fantastic staff. I will certainly share your kind comments with Heather and Ashley. Thank you for staying at the Wyndham! We hope to see you again during your next visit to Tampa.