Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore
US$122
HIExpress.com
US$113
Doubletree.com
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$178
US$482
US$286
Marriott Hotels
1,365 results
All reviewsadam perrym msfront desksales managertampa westshoreshuttle servicebreakfast buffetcruise packageclose to the airportcruise terminalwould stay here againhotel restaurantthe hotel is cleanparking garagegreat customer servicehotel shuttlebusiness trip
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We had a great stay at the hotel. The free shuttle picked us up at the airport. A little confusion since the name of the hotel had changed in the 3 days since I had booked it? I actually heard it called by 4 different names so I'm not really sure what the correct name is. Hotel was in a safe neighborhood. we were able to walk to several restaurants at night and feel safe. Hotel offers free cruise shuttle that provided great service, we had no problems. Confusing to get to the pool, you actually have to walk outside and the area going to the pool is not gated or secure. I chose to not walk alone to the pool, although the hotel was in a very safe area.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor, fast elevators and great view of the city at night.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The hotel just changed to a Holiday Inn, when I called for the shuttle they told me I was calling the wrong hotel and acted as if they had never heard of the Quorum and they did not have my reservation in the system. I finally got the shuttle and checked in, after some time they figured out my reservation was in the system for the wrong dates even though my confirmation was for the correct dates. They fixed it and I got a room, the lobby and rooms have been updated but the hallways are outdated with palm tree carpeting and wall paper. The food was surprisingly very good for hotel food. The bed was comfy and the room is a good size but the bathroom sink area is small with an inconvenient set up that is separate from the shower area. The A/C did not quite cool my room enough and left it humid but it was ok and got better after the sun went down. The hotel is walking distance to Westshore Plaza and there is a convenience store right across the street so the location is good. If you can get a good rate then it is worth staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore Airport. While I am pleased that you enjoyed our comfortable guestrooms and convenient location, I would like to extend my sincerest apology for the issues you experienced with your shuttle transportation, check-in and with the air conditioning in your guestroom. Please know that I have addressed your specific comments with our Front Desk, Bell Staff and Engineering staff respectively so that we may immediately correct the issues you experienced. As the remainder of this year will see many more improvements for our property as a Holiday Inn, we are excited to welcome you back again to experience the innovation and comfort as our hotel completes its transition. And as always, we look forward to providing you with superior service during your next stay in Tampa.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I wish there was a rating between average and poor. I just got back from a business trip and this hotel in my mind was sub par. During our stay they changed the name from the Quorum to the Holiday Inn but the staff is all the same...and the hotel is the same..just a change in name. Don't be fooled. It's still not good. First of all there are MAJOR security issues. The back door were open at all hours of the night. They do not lock the doors and I came home several nights at after midnight. This is a major security issue. They let people solicit to the people in the hotel by placing flyers under the door. Several members of our party were given room keys of other guests. YES that is correct. The front desk gave another male guest the room key of another female guest BY ACCIDENT. SO LOCK YOUR DOORS!!!!! EVERY TIME YOU ARE IN THE ROOM. Or someone can literally walk into your room. And this happened more than once to several memebers of our party throughout our stay!!!

Secondly, the front desk staff was...incompetent comes to mind but I'll just say under trained. There customer service was poor. Plain and simple. They knew we had a large party coming in and they were not prepared when we arrived nor were they prepared when we checked out. Checking in they said they had no rooms available and for us to come back later yet they were checking in other customers and giving them rooms all the while telling us they had nothing available for 4 hours. Checking out, during the switch over from Quorum to Holiday Inn they lost our information we already submitted including out credit card numbers.

Also during our stay the clocks changed and we received a letter under the door ensuring we would still get a awake up call on time and I NEVER GOT A CALL! Of all days not to get a wake up call...the day when if you don't get up on time you will be AT LEAST an hour late. That was the second time I didn't receive a wake up call. After that I just relied on myself since clearly the hotel front desk couldn't get it together.

I also had to call several times to get my dry cleaning brought to my room and the internet was down for two days and again the front desk didn't seem to give a crap. IT was very frustrating..and it was the LANDLINE and the WIRELESS was down. It wasn't the whole hotel...I think only certain spots were out.

Also the walls are thin and if people in the room next to you are arguing you can here it. CLEARLY. I didn't have a problem until my last night there though. The room and the fixtures were old and just plain and average.

The housekeeping and the breakfast staff was REALLY NICE...and REALLY FRIENDLY. They were great. NO complaints about them!

If I have a choice I will NEVER stay here again. If you get a good deal and just need a cheap place to hang your hat then it's fine. It's terrible for extended stay and as a general rule I felt safe. I mean the neighborhood felt safe although I don't like the fact that any person can literally walk into the hotel and get up to the rooms. I recommended you pick another hotel. I wouldn't pay more than $65 a night to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tmanuel12

We appreciate your candid feedback regarding your stay at our property. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you experienced with the food delivery flyers, room key assignment, Front Desk staff, check-in and out, wake-up call, and in-room internet. I am embarrassed by the numerous issues you experienced and will certainly utilize your specific experiences to retrain our Front Desk staff and correct the issues you mentioned. The issues you experienced were certainly unacceptable and I apologize profusely for any inconvenience you were caused.

Regarding the food delivery flyers and your subsequent concerns regarding security, the issue with flyers is certainly one that we are aware of and have been working diligently with our local police department to address. Unfortunately, this issue is one that all of the hotels in the area have been working to find an issue to, and therefore further measures through our local police have been taken to correct the issue. Please know that we have the safety and security of our guests in mind at all times.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and apologize for the issues you experienced. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is now a Holiday Inn, just in case you wanted to know...Clean, quiet hotel...well situated to restaurants and such with shuttle service...restaurant and bar open til 11PM...Easy to and from the airport during regular business hours...but the real allure of this hotel is the terrific level of customer service...no detail to small, feels like family....

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ahottoddie

Thank you for your very complimentary feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore Airport. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our clean, quiet and comfortable property, as well as our convenient location and complimentary shuttle service. I am exceptionally pleased that you experienced the fantastic service provided by our staff and that they created such a memorable stay for you. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

What a nice hotel with wonderful employees! After a long day of training I was provided with more than great customer service. I would also like to take a second to thank Janice Siva for her friendly personality and her superior customer service skills. Not only did she take the time to talk to me about near by restaurants but also took the time to listen to my needs! Thank you so much to the Quorum staff and a more than special thank you to Janice!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AHK233

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I am so pleased that you had such a fantastic stay and that you experienced the fantastic service provided by our staff, especially by Janice. I will certainly share your kind comments with her and recognize her for her superior service. We have just rebranded as the Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore Airport, but our fabulous management and staff will stay the same. The only difference is an upgraded property and amenities for our guests! We hope to see you again during your next visit to Tampa so that you may see all of the changes we will make throughout the year!