“Surpised they changed from Wyndham to Holiday inn”

Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore
Ranked #11 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Was at this hotel when it was a Wyndham. Wyndham had excellent services in restaurant and excellent beds in their guest rooms. I dont know what It is like now , I drove past it today and was shocked to see its no longer a Wyndham.

Best thing about this hotel, all the m&m's you could eat at the front desk. YumMmmmy!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank J Z
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Although we have changed brands from Wyndham to Holiday Inn, you'll be happy to know that our owners and management company have not changed. This means that we still offer all of the same fantastic amenities and comfortable beds that we previously had. Also, our staff is comprised of the same friendly and professional individuals that you have experienced during your previous stays.

You may continue to notice changes to our property in the coming months, as we are making some innovative and exciting improvements to our hotel in our public spaces, meeting spaces and our guestrooms. However, we are not changing anything that was already pleasing to our guests. Also, we still provide complimentary M&Ms to all of our guests! Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a one night stay after returning from a cruise several weeks ago. As others have said, this property was formerly a Wyndham, now a Holiday Inn.

Apparently, renovations are being done for the next 6 months. The hot tub was closed. The pool was open, but the skimmer was not working and there was a quarter inch of dead insects and tree debris on the surface of the water. It was very gross and would have rather swam in a mud puddle. One of the three elevators was not working. With the large number of aircrews that stay at the property, the elevators are always busy and there was always a wait. The elevator lobby area on the 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th floors had no air conditioning. There are large glass windows in this area and the actual temperature was 98 degrees.

The rooms are small for today’s standards. The bathroom is very small and has terrible lighting. The sink is in a separate area and has very little counter space. The shower head is mounted just over 5 feet from the bottom of the tub, so unless you are a midget, you will be kneeling while taking a shower. There were large amounts of hair from previous guests that was in the shower when we arrived. There was a counter top microwave on the dresser, but it appeared as if it was dropped from the back of a pickup truck at a high rate of speed.

Although van service always required a slight wait, it was very good and the drivers were personable and hard working.

We ordered delivery food from Westshore Pizza based on the recommendation of the front desk, it was TERRIBLE.

The fruit infused water and candy in the lobby is a nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at our property. I apologize that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay. We strive to provide a much higher level of satisfaction for our guests, and I apologize that we did not achieve that for you during your stay.

As you mentioned, we have recently become a Holiday Inn. With this change comes a lot of exciting and innovative updates to the property. We appreciate the feedback of our guests and are making the changes that matter most to them. You'll be happy to know that the restrooms in our guestrooms will be updated in the coming months.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you. Make sure to check us out again when all of our exciting changes are complete!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Called the hotel from the airport to request the shuttle. They provided info on where to wait & the shuttle arrived in about 10 minutes. Our room was ready & we were checked in by 10:30 am!

The staff is fantastic & the service was superb. We especially enjoyed the very large containers of M&M's (plain & peanut) in the lobby & the free bottled water. The restaurant & bar are almost part of the lobby which was okay for breakfast or lunch but would have been a turnoff if we had planned on having dinner there.

The hotel definitely needs updating but our room was clean with a comfortable mattress, flat screen tv & nice chair. The sink is outside of the actual bathroom with a closet across from it.

We spent some time at the pool which was small but clean & well cared for. Plenty of towels were available & we had lunch delivered from the hotel restaurant which was a real treat.

We used the shuttle that evening to go do a little shoppong & have dinner. The shuttle will take you anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel at no charge & is great convenience.

We were only there one day but wouldn't hesitate to stay there again the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed the extra amenities and services. We have begun the process of updating the hotel just this past week. We are excited about all of the changes you will see by fall. We hope that you will be able to stop and see us again.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel before leaving on a cruise. They shuttle you from the airport to the Hotel and then shuttle you to the cruise port. There is no extra charge. The staff is great. There is a mall within walking distance from the hotel which has several restaurants, and if you don't feel like walking the shuttle will zip you over. When we arrived at the airport, we waited about 10 minutes for the shuttle. The M&M's are a nice touch. We also sat out by the pool. Coming from the cold weather, it was a very nice afternoon. The only criticism I have is the coffee isn't very good. We did have to buy it from the restaurant and it was warm not hot, and very very strong. Complimentary coffee and tea would be a nice touch. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I was asked what type of room I would prefer. I left it up the the staff. We were on the third floor...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda O
Reviewed 7 May 2014

First of all, it took me 20 minutes to get checked in because the person at the front desk did not know how to operate a computer. Second, the A/C didn't work, I had the temperature down to 63 and it was barely cool. Third , the toilet was not flushing properly. I made reservations in advance requesting a microwave; upon arrival at the hotel, and entrance into my room there was no microwave. When I inquired at the desk about the microwave, the desk clerk stated he had called housekeeping and a microwave would be up at soon as the next room was cleaned out and there plenty available. As time progressed I again called down to the desk and was told there were no more microwaves left because it was a first come, first serve basis. That is when I mentioned to the desk clerk that I had made reservations in advance and therefore I should be first. Again no microwave. Last but not least, when I booked the room I was told about a free shuttle service to Tampa Airport. Upon arrival I found out that the shuttle doesn't start until 5:00 A.M. My flight out was at 6:00 A.M. So I had to shell out $20.00 for a cab at 3:30 in the morning to the airport. When I got back home I called the corporate office to the Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore and all they offered me was a check for $37.90. What that says to me about customer satisfaction is that all I am worth to them is $37.90. I will never, ever stay in another Holiday Inn again; they showed their true colors and also I am 100% disabled.

Room Tip: Just don't go to a Holiday Inn
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl C
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you experienced with check-in, the working order of the air conditioner and toilet in your guestroom, your request for a microwave, and our airport transportation. You are most certainly a valued guest and I apologize that you did not feel as such.

Please know that I have addressed each of your specific comments with our Front Desk, Engineering, Housekeeping and Bell Staff, respectively, and we will work to correct these issues and provide additional training to our staff to prevent such issues in the future. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The rooms were big and clean with really comfortable beds and plenty of pillows. Internet was fast and reliable. Entire facility was well kept up. Free M+M's is a nice touch. The restaurant/bar was well staffed and the service was excellent. A special shout out to Josh for outstanding service. He was friendly, responsive, and took great care of us for 3 days.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband hd a one day conference in Tampa at the Holiday Inn. We arrived early, 11:30am, after a long day of travel beginning at 3:30am. We were asked if we minded a handicap room and when we said no we were immediately given a room upon check in which allowed us to relax before heading out to explore the area.

Room Tip: The hotel was recently a Wyndahm and changed to a Holiday Inn. Staff we're amazing and very hel...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore Airport. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accommodate your early check-in. We hope to see you again during your future visits to Tampa!