“Probably the Worst Holiday Inn Out There”

Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore
Ranked #12 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed at the place only because it was mandated by work. Beside breakfast- there was nothing worth mentioning. The hotel was undergoing changes from Westshore something to Holiday Inn. However, what I experienced had nothing to do with the changes/ construction. My room was not made for a couple of days. When I asked for a tea bag, a security guard of the hotel (?!?!) brought it up to my room. The cheap pizzeria menus flooded the hallways and you always had three or four in your room slid under the door. Two of my friends had someone else in their room upon checking in- totally unacceptable. Place was noisy and there was something unwelcoming about it. The receptionist misplaced some paperwork given to her at the beginning of the stay. The driver in the shuttle arranged by the hotel made some smart comments to us at the end. I cannot recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hello HandyMommy,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding stay at our property back in March. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you experienced regarding the daily housekeeping service of your guestroom, pizza flyers distributed under your door, the misplaced paperwork you mentioned, and any unsatisfactory comments from our shuttle driver.

Please know that I have addressed your specific comments regarding housekeeping, the front desk and our shuttle service with the appropriate managers of each department. We will certainly look into the issues you mentioned and work to immediately correct them. I apologize for any dissatisfaction you were caused.

The pizza flyers are unfortunately an issue that all of the hotels in our area have been combating. Please know that we are aware of the issue and since the time of your stay in March, our local police department has taken great strides to immensely decrease the occurrence of this issue in local hotels.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you. We have made some fantastic improvements to the property and would be truly pleased to have you stay with us again and experience them!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,339)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Traveling with my dog and nephew for the weekend so options were limited but the Holiday Inn uses it's business level for people with pets which was great, we felt like we had the whole floor to ourselves. Room and beds were very comfortable. We did have to change rooms the first night after our A/C wasn't working but the staff was very accommodating and helped us relocate just a few rooms down.

One downside was that there really wasn't an area to walk the dog so I had to take her out through the lobby, not a problem for me but some of the other guests didn't appreciate it.

Everyone was very friendly, free m&ms in the lobby, no issues parking and a free shuttle to the nearby shopping malls. The attendant in the fitness center even helped my nephew figure out some new workout moves to get stronger (he's 13) Overall a great stay!

Room Tip: Even if you don't have a pet, if you're looking for a quiet room as for the second floor!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Friendly, competent front desk, comfortable room, clean, convenient to airport, excellent van transportation. Food choices at the bar in the evening we varied and looked good, as did breakfast. Location is perfect.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I've spend rover 100 nights here in the past 2 years so it's safe to say I know the hotel and its staff. The hotel runs 2 or 3 shuttles at all times with the exception of the early morning hours. I never need a car given that my destinations are within 3 miles of the hotel. The airport pickup is quick after you alert the hotel. The breakfast buffet is a roman banquet of breads and fruits, eggs and bacon.

The hotel itself is solidly built, so the rooms are quiet. It's near the airport. And while you'll be able to see the runway in the distance, you won't hear the planes. It's well-located between Westshore Mall and the International Mall (both of which can be reached via the shuttles). The staff are well-trained and friendly.

And if you find yourself at the bar/restaurant downstairs, RT and Jamie will take care of the drinks and dinner. They are the definition of hospitality.

1  Thank Chrystan1005
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Hard to explain. I got no bad vibes from the place. And I had peaceful quiet and good sleep. But I can't put my finger on anything that would make this hotel stand out. I remember asking where the gift shop was, and I was directed to a room with coin-operated vending machines for snacks. My room had interconnect doors on both sides which I feared might be a problem. But my fears were unjustified. A lot of flight crews are boarded here, and *they* want it quiet. A good functional sleeping space with free parking and strong Wifi. But nothing makes this place stand out from the dozen other hotels on Westshore Boulevard.

Room Tip: As for a room without interconnect doors for your own peace of mind.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The staff was friendly, professional, and exceedingly helpful. That along with the well appointed rooms, great location with close proximity to the airport, and two great shopping areas including two malls, plus easy access to I-275 mades for an excellent stay

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This Holiday Inn is great for conferences...nice facilities and conference rooms. Real close to the airport, but really not as much noise as I expected. Convenient to 275, so you can go anywhere in Tampa, Clearwater and St Pete easily. Very good breakfast buffet. Super nice staff in the hotel and restaurant & bar. Neighborhood is weird..."Gentlemen's" clubs all on one side, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse on the other side. Parking garage entrance is poorly lit at night.

• Stayed: May 2014