I was surprised when the military had set me up with travel orders to spend a few days at the Quorum prior to outprocessing at MacDill AFB and going to Afghanistan. It was as if I was on vacation before going on deployment. Unfortunately, I have been to no other hotels in the Tampa area to compare it to. I suppose it isn't the Ritz-Carlton, but none-the-less it appeared to be a comfortable, hidden-gem type of hotel for the casual and business traveler. However, for a military member I can't seem to think of anything better. From the moment I stepped in and showed my government travel orders the front desk thanked me for my service and set me up with an upgrade in one of the better rooms with the same government rate. The room was spacious, with a king sized and very comfortable bed and bath. The view of the surrounding Tampa area was beautiful compared to the dreary swamps of my North Carolina base. I can't remember if I was able to get onto the wireless in my room but the lobby and bar area had free wireless. The bartender was great and there were some good specials during the Rays' playoff games (25 cent wings and 50 cent drafts). The bar would seem to get packed for lunch and dinner as a few business people from the surrounding area would eat and have a few drinks, but quieted down nicely after the rush. Prices at the bar and restaurant were moderate for a higher-classed hotel and the people that were there were very friendly. The breakfast buffet was great and all you could eat for about $12 if I remember. There was a great little pool outdoors that I relaxed in, though it's no deeper than 5 feet. There was also a hot tub and little workout room. Overall, it was a great 4 days before I deployed and I recommend it not only for military travelers but for anyone. The only unfortunate thing was there is no smoking anywhere in the hotel, as I am a smoker. However, for the sake of the health of fellow patrons I don't mind walking outside, and the elevators were quick to get me down there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the reinspired Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore Airport, boasting the stunning results of an $8 million renovation, completed in October 2014. Our property is airy and bright, with numerous plush seating areas to rest or mingle. Travel to and from the airport fast with our complimentary shuttle transportation. Get active with our well-equipped fitness center, outdoor pool and spa, or nearby running trail. Satisfy your hunger 24 hours a day with our fresh and fast grab & go options at the Marketplace coffee bar & cafe. And a foodie's dream menu is served for dinner and late night bites at our all-new Bar 700 grille & outdoor lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Tampa Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Tampa Quorum Hotel
- Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore Florida