Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa/Ybor City/Downtown
US$266
  • Restaurant
US$116
1,366 results
All reviewsgreat locationnight lifecolumbia restauranttrolley linefree shuttlewithin walking distancebars and restaurantscomplimentary breakfastroom keyparking feecruise terminalshuttle servicefront desk staffamalie arenaclean roomshotel shuttleconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I would stay at this hotel any day. I have stayed in numerous hotels, motels, cabins, etc.. This hotel hands down is one of the best you will ever find. Its location makes it key. You have so much to do around this hotel between food, clubs, the train station, etc. Its worth the stay.. I truly enjoyed my Jacuzzi/whirlpool suite..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is a clean hotel with great service.The complimentary breakfast is average. The safety percautions are very good. I would highly recommend this hotel for parathyroid patients who are having surgery at Tampa General Hospital.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

For a value for money hotel, you really can't go wrong here. My whirlpool room was spacious and comfortable. But for someone who travels a lot there were quite a few service issues that disappointed me and are worthy of mention.

The housekeeping staff had a habit of removing towels (including those I had hung up) and not replacing them. When I got to the bare minimum, I did ask for some more and in what could be a scene from a comedy film, two staff arrived separately, each with a bundle of towels, that eventually left the room overflowing with the things.

One afternoon, at about 4.30pm, I returned to my room to find that housekeeping hadn't been. I called down to the reception to be told that housekeeping was provided up till 5pm, but that they would check, as it looked to me as if my room had been missed. I popped down to the foyer to give the cleaners free reign. They did eventually turn up and completed the cleaning in double-quick time.

It was while I was waiting down in the reception, that I decided to have a cup of coffee from the large flasks that were there. The coffee was stone-cold! I could see some American guests taking their cups to the microwave in the breakfast area.

The air-conditioning unit was quite noisy. Luckily the evenings weren't too warm, so in the end, I decided to turn it off at night.

Neither of the computers and printer in the foyer worked all week. There was a sign informing guests that they were out-of-action, but this implied it was only a temporary issue.

The free WiFi service was OK, though - in an apparently random manner - you'd be thrown off without warning and prompted to sign back in again. The duration between interruptions would vary from a few minutes to a few hours. This was more of a problem with my laptop, rather than my smartphone.

I mentioned I had a whirlpool bath. This was great, though draining it was problematic, as the weight of the water kept forcing the plug to settle back down. In the end, I had to put a used coffee packet under it.

Take care with the toaster at breakfast. With no guide as to what is a suitable level, it's easy to burn your bread. I would recommend setting it to no more than level three.

As I said at the outset, if you're looking for value for money hotel in a good area - there are lots of great dining options for starters - then this is a good base. If I return to the area, I think I will try out their sister property, a few blocks away - the Hilton Garden Inn - to see if the levels of service are more consistent and reliable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BritTraveller68
TPAYBGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa/Ybor City/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for your review. I deeply regret that we did not meet your expectations during your last stay. Our goal is to always ensure our guests are satisfied with their service experience, hence we take all feedback very seriously. We genuinely value your loyalty to our brand and sincerely hope to welcome you back to our property next time your in the area. Please contact me at 813-247-6700 as I would like to learn more about your stay and make sure your next stay exceeds your expectations.

Paul G.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Hotel was a little older but well kept. Prices were reasonable, desk clerks were helpful, room was clean. There is an $8 charge for parking, and the lot has very sharp turns that a larger vehicle would be unable to make.
The shuttle service is excellent and I suggest using it. The hotel is right at the end of the Ybor city area and there is about two blocks of deserted businesses before you get to the restaurant / club section. You don't want to be walking this area after dark. We walked to the restaurant the hotel suggested (no problem) and then walked back at about 7:30. We were panhandled aggressivly, one of them following part way back, frightening my wife.

Room Tip: Whirlpool rooms are located next to the maid's service rooms on each floor. Early morning noise may be a problem.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rhodesworks
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The hotel renovated nicely, but the smell in our room made us both sick by the 2nd day. The walls are thin and we heard everything our neighbors had to say... at 3am. If you are on a budget and don't mind a sinus infection at the end of your stay, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple