“Who's is charge?”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Who's is charge?”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel sight and facilities are great if you are willing to put up with some of the events that happened to my wife and I during our stay! They are as follows:
1) First night stay was covered with 37,000 worth of Marriot Rewards points. Good idea until I got a bill under the door the next morning which we had do take down to the desk (visit 1) to have fixed.
2) Went out that day and when we came back at 6:30pm to find our room had not been serviced i.e. no new towels bed not made. After we freshened up we headed out to a cocktail party. On the way out we stopped at the front desk (visit 2 ) to tell them about the room.
3) When we came back from the party we found that our room had still not been serviced (visit 3).
4) On our way to the cocktail party a hotel employee in the elevator said she would get us a cab. As she was going into a room behind the front desk, she told us she we get a cab and be right back. We never saw her again. So we went to where? You guessed it the front desk (visit 4) to have a cab arranged.
5) Went to the front desk to confirm our bill on day of departure and were locked out of the room. So I went to the Front desk (visit 5) to get let back in. They would not be in re key us but let us back in the room twice!

Here is the bottom line - nice place - bad management. If you stay there it is at your own risk! Please assume that you will make multiple visits to the front desk for unnecessary reasons.

Thanks,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rich F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Jordan
Reviewed 12 May 2014

my husband and I spent a very relaxing weekend with other friends from his company. I love the modern feel of the room, yet the small retro touches were very appreciated!(love the phone) The bed was so comfortable and the feather pillows helped me to sleep like I was home! The shower was amazing with the two shower heads, what a treat!. We got several sweets from the little pastry shop across the lobby...the mango layer cake was so buttery and rich, I had to save some for the next day, and the macaroons were crisp and tasty, the flavor combinations I tried were excellent and they were a perfect 2 bite delicacy.The rooftop bar was fun and the staff was very accommodating for our large party. We had a private brunch in the food theatre and one of the chefs showed us how they prepare the pistachio french toast. Homemade Sourdough pistachio bread, with figs and bacon preserves on top with maple syrup! I am glad I saved room for my Shrimp and grits. It was outstanding, the shrimp and egg cooked perfectly, the grits so tasty, wish I could go back just for that. Here is some of the outstanding service. We got back late saturday night and two employees were checking room keys before they would let you up, because there was a wedding party downstairs. Thank you Epicurean! How many times have drunken, loud partying guests kept me aways till all hours. Then here is the part that makes me eternally grateful. I was about 10 minutes from getting on the plane, and realized I left my jewelry pouch in the room in the little safe. I went into full panic mode, as there were several recent gifts as well as several of my mother's pieces that had been handed down. I phoned them before i got on the plane, and when I was able to turn my phone back on several hours later (quite panicked) a nice voicemail was waiting from Latasha saying they had my jewelry safe just call with the info where to send it. We left at 3 on sunday, my fedex pkg arrived wednesday. Thank you so much for everything!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Erica O
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Loved this hotel. Wine themed from the lobby to each room. Great service and excellent experience. I stayed here one night on a business trip but will definitely go back with my husband for a personal vacation, as I was very impressed with the decor and overall appearance of the hotel. Also, it's worth noting that I ordered breakfast room service and the food was excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brittney K
West Palm Beach, Fl.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and children planned this trip as a Mother's Day Weekend surprise trip in Tampa, we live in West Palm Beach. He booked us a roomy third floor suite with a large kitchen and porch which was very nice. I enjoyed the spa and the wine shop. We had dinner at the hotel and Berns, across the street, both were disappointing. We understood that the new hotel is still working out their issues but felt that there needed to be an in- room directory of the property, not just, "download our site". We have an I- phone but not everyone our age does or wants to have to call the desk to hear room services items. I guess we are old fashioned but what is the harm of letting your guest decide which form of information they are most comfortable with using.

Room Tip: Pick an upper level room, the traffic noise is pretty loud and we were on the third floor!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dortch61
Concord, NC
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed two nights for our anniversary. Excellent check-in experience and the level of service remained the same during our stay. Breakfast was splendid and the menu changed each day. The pool area is just fine with plenty of space to lounge and swim. We bought a bottle of wine from the store in the hotel. The rooftop bar is cool and the flatbread appetizer was delicious. I recommend the third floor for the same reasons other posters did. We took the complimentary bikes for a ride and went into the downtown area and all the way to Ballast Park along the Bayshore Parkway. An easy walk to the SoHo strip made for a fun evening the first night.

Room Tip: Avoid top floor due to noise from rooftop bar.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed for an anniversary celebration, and we were SO extremely impressed from start to finish. Walking into the lobby, we were greeted immediately by the concierge who led us to our room to make sure that we were completely satisfied. We checked in directly from our (gorgeous) hotel room, and were wholly satisfied from start to finish. We dined at Elevage, and also at Edge, and the food and service at both was amazing. Easily the best hotel experience we both have ever had, hands down. Can't wait to return. Kudos to owners, management, and staff!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband and I thought we would try something "out of the box" by spending just a little more money to stay at this very unique hotel in the heart of Tampa. We did not regret the decision.
The hotel had some fabulous spaces - mainly the 2nd floor outdoor deck. It was so much fun to have drinks outside after dark looking at the views of the city lights and Tampa skyline. The quality of the food is worth mentioning and is really the star attraction of this property. Other enjoyable amenities come with the location of this property - close to downtown Tampa and attractions, Bern's Steakhouse ( a legend of its own), and being situated on a vibrant street with other great restaurants, all within the beautiful historic Tampa neighborhood of Hyde Park. We explored all of these features on foot, walking, which we love to do!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple