“Fantastic stay...exactly what Tampa needed.”

Epicurean Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #6 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Fantastic stay...exactly what Tampa needed.”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Being from South Tampa I can say the one thing the area has always lacked was a nice hotel. The Epicurean now meets that need. The entire property is beautiful from the lobby, bar, and rooms. Everything I ordered from the restaurant was fantastic. Defiantly a must stay if you're in Tampa.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights and attended meetings. The entire process from check in to check out was really great. The property is beautiful with unique touches everywhere. Food was very good as well. Rooms are nicely done with a great bathroom. Loved the mini bar presentation and sunken ice tub as well as the bar stool desk. The check in process was a little unnerving because it was so unexpected. Staff is really friendly and helpful.

1 Thank ddzKC
Lutz, Florida, United States
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This autograph collection is in the Tampa SOHO (South Howard) district directly across from the infamous Bern's Steakhouse. The hotel was modeled in keeping true to what Bern would want as far as décor, cooking school,restaurant, and FRESH ingredients. I believe Berns son was and still is the one in overseeing all of this. The staff everywhere was wonderful! The rooftop Edge Bar was nice! The Restaurant food was second to none. Come see the garden on the lobby wall. This is where your salad and herbs will come from. We live close and came for my husbands milestone birthday. Had the time of our lives, will be back!

Room Tip: We slept on the street side, and could hear traffic, but you are really close to the street. Will no...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
union county
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed at the Epicurean for 3 nights while in Tampa for our daughters USF graduation. As a big Marriott fan, I am so excited about this brand! The hotel is gorgeous, nothing spared, the attention to detail is obvious throughout the entire hotel, the lobby area is so inviting, love the fact that the employees are right there to greet you with their tablets ready to check you in, or help you out. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and had an array of wines to purchase and enjoy in the comfort of your room. Cheers!
The beds...Ahhh... the beds, so amazingly comfortable. Definitely a comfortable nights sleep. The train horn was the only downside.
We had the pleasure of enjoying breakfast at the on site restaurant, service was great, food was outstanding!
We love a great hotel, and this hotel was better than some of the best!! Big fan.

Room Tip: We had a room with sliding doors that led out to a big patio shared by many rooms, great place to en...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank robiee
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel sight and facilities are great if you are willing to put up with some of the events that happened to my wife and I during our stay! They are as follows:
1) First night stay was covered with 37,000 worth of Marriot Rewards points. Good idea until I got a bill under the door the next morning which we had do take down to the desk (visit 1) to have fixed.
2) Went out that day and when we came back at 6:30pm to find our room had not been serviced i.e. no new towels bed not made. After we freshened up we headed out to a cocktail party. On the way out we stopped at the front desk (visit 2 ) to tell them about the room.
3) When we came back from the party we found that our room had still not been serviced (visit 3).
4) On our way to the cocktail party a hotel employee in the elevator said she would get us a cab. As she was going into a room behind the front desk, she told us she we get a cab and be right back. We never saw her again. So we went to where? You guessed it the front desk (visit 4) to have a cab arranged.
5) Went to the front desk to confirm our bill on day of departure and were locked out of the room. So I went to the Front desk (visit 5) to get let back in. They would not be in re key us but let us back in the room twice!

Here is the bottom line - nice place - bad management. If you stay there it is at your own risk! Please assume that you will make multiple visits to the front desk for unnecessary reasons.

Thanks,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rich F
Jordan
Reviewed 12 May 2014

my husband and I spent a very relaxing weekend with other friends from his company. I love the modern feel of the room, yet the small retro touches were very appreciated!(love the phone) The bed was so comfortable and the feather pillows helped me to sleep like I was home! The shower was amazing with the two shower heads, what a treat!. We got several sweets from the little pastry shop across the lobby...the mango layer cake was so buttery and rich, I had to save some for the next day, and the macaroons were crisp and tasty, the flavor combinations I tried were excellent and they were a perfect 2 bite delicacy.The rooftop bar was fun and the staff was very accommodating for our large party. We had a private brunch in the food theatre and one of the chefs showed us how they prepare the pistachio french toast. Homemade Sourdough pistachio bread, with figs and bacon preserves on top with maple syrup! I am glad I saved room for my Shrimp and grits. It was outstanding, the shrimp and egg cooked perfectly, the grits so tasty, wish I could go back just for that. Here is some of the outstanding service. We got back late saturday night and two employees were checking room keys before they would let you up, because there was a wedding party downstairs. Thank you Epicurean! How many times have drunken, loud partying guests kept me aways till all hours. Then here is the part that makes me eternally grateful. I was about 10 minutes from getting on the plane, and realized I left my jewelry pouch in the room in the little safe. I went into full panic mode, as there were several recent gifts as well as several of my mother's pieces that had been handed down. I phoned them before i got on the plane, and when I was able to turn my phone back on several hours later (quite panicked) a nice voicemail was waiting from Latasha saying they had my jewelry safe just call with the info where to send it. We left at 3 on sunday, my fedex pkg arrived wednesday. Thank you so much for everything!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Erica O
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Loved this hotel. Wine themed from the lobby to each room. Great service and excellent experience. I stayed here one night on a business trip but will definitely go back with my husband for a personal vacation, as I was very impressed with the decor and overall appearance of the hotel. Also, it's worth noting that I ordered breakfast room service and the food was excellent.

1 Thank Brittney K