“Friendly staff”

Ranked #74 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Lansing, Michigan
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Close to Bush Gardens. About a half mile from the entrance. Service was excellent. Shuttle service to the gardens on request. Nice driver, Rolando, took my grandson and I a bit early to get tickets. People on the desk were helpful with the small exercise room. Olive Garden and Red Lobster are next door.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michican909

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The hotel staff was incredibly courteous and the property was impeccable. Lauren was very helpful and went above and beyond to help me with my problems. Thank you for all the support and help. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. Thank you again Lauren.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Staff was very helpful. I asked for help room location and they happily accommodated and the evening shift remembered us the next day at check in. Night auditor was very friendly and came over during breakfast to say good morning. Pictures are very accurate depiction of the hotel. Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I had a reservation for a horse show weekend, and KNEW I could only get a smoking room. On a whim, I asked Lauren if there was a NON smoking room available. She searched and searched, and found us one! So grateful!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We had to get three rooms on very short notice. We called about an hour before we arrived (10 pm), and were told rooms were available. When we arrived, we learned that the type of rooms we had wanted (two double beds per room, non-smoking) weren't available due to a computer glitch. However, Dorothy (the front desk lady) was very helpful and accommodating. She took care of us and found a way to make it work out despite having to work with a less-than-ideal computer system. She was friendly and apologetic about the wait, and came up with a resolution as quickly as possible. The rooms were nice and clean, with comfortable beds. The breakfast was well-stocked. If we're back in the area again, we would stay here again, thanks to Dorothy.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for your positive comments about our Holiday Inn Express. We appreciate the positive feedback and have passed your comments on to Dorothy. She was very pleased you took the time to mention her by name. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Theresa White
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 August 2013

this is my second time staying at a holiday day inn hotel an I must say I really like this hotel chain, my check in wasn't so smooth but the nice lady at the front desk which I cant remember her name handled everything very well an it was great from there on, the room was nice an clean an pretty big for a standard room, the bed was extremely comfy I didn't want to get up, the breakfast is tasty an filling no complaints there now the staff at this place is really nice always say good morning an hi to you there very sweet people the general manager a very nice lady, she was so kind to give me late check out an I thank her for it because I needed it the area is ok there is a gas station an a 5 guys within walking distance if you don't have a vehicle, if your looking for great customer service, reasonably priced clean hotel room, filling breakfast, comfy bed, stay here you cant go wrong with these guys very happy I stayed hope I can stay longer next time

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your kind words regarding our Holiday Inn Express. Our entire team takes pride in our hotel and I will pass your comments on to them. It is always my pleasure to assist all of our guests.

Theresa White
Douglas
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The hotel staff from the front desk to the General Manager were great!!
The hotel grounds were immaculate, as well as the rooms. We were especially impressed with the help of the General Manager with a personal issue that we had in reguards to a trip that we were taking the next day. She resolved our concerns immediately and we were on our way the next day. Even though we were Platinum Elite members I believe that she would do the same thing for any guest.

Room Tip: Any room is good!