“Great stay!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #71 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Largo, Florida
“Great stay!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Only stayed one night for the Dave Matthews Band concert. Was able to walk to the show. The room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. Miss Dorothy at the front desk was super sweet and upgraded us to a suite at no extra charge. I would definitely stay at this property again and highly recommend it to anyone seeing a show at the amphitheater.

Room Tip: Fourth floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David B
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive feedback and comments. Dorothy is pleased that you mentioned by name. I have passed your comments on to her. We hope to see you again when you attend another concert at the amphitheater.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Pine Island, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express myriad times all over the country. This one has some good things; cordial and efficient front desk, a Five Guys hamburger franchise just across the parking lot, convenient access off I-4, overall cleanliness and a nice breakfast. As a nonsmoking facility one has to ignore the patrons lurking around the front door blowing smoke in your face as you enter, but as a former smoker I'm inclined not to get upset about that.
What does upset me is the fact that this is one of the noisiest hotels I've ever encountered and the walls and floors are paper thin. Between the highway noise, kids screaming and running down the hallways, doors slamming, conversations and TVs on either side of me it made for a long night. I'm not particularly fussy or noise sensitive, but I will take a pass before returning here unless I'm looking for a good ol' door slammin' party down good time and an opportunity to talk to my neighbors all night. Add to this the fact that the beds are low quality and timeworn, and while this hotel delivers most of everything you'd expect it fails on the most important--a good night's sleep.
There are several other hotels nearby. I recommend any of them.

Room Tip: My wife and I requested high and quiet. As the hotel was fully booked and I assume is usually full o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gomersdaddy
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are sorry for the shortfalls you experienced during your stay.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was on a work trip and accidentally got booked here. The smoke was pervasive, the rooms lacked decor. The breakfast food was the typical HIE.

If not for the smoke, it would have been a fine place for a family of 4. The room was spacious enough. The front desk staff were very professional.

No food within walking distance, but some strip clubs are not far.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us to improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Miami, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here with family for a few days.The room/suite has two double/queen beds and a couch sleeper. The sleeper converts to a full, I think. There is a small kitchenette area with a coffee maker, sink, microwave, and small refrigerator. The room was clean and there was more than enough space for us. Towels, too. The free breakfast was an added bonus since we traveled with children. The pancake maker and cinnamon buns were a hit with the kids. All in all it was a great value and a great stay.

Room Tip: Room 313 faces the Tampa Fairgrounds. The lights at night can be a little bright at night.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your positive review on our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed the rooms and the complimentary breakfast. We are grateful for your patronage and hope we can host you again if you return to Tampa in the future.
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The property is in a convenient location to I-4 on the East side of Tampa.
The check in with Lauren was outstanding, she was able to put me in a room away from the road and elevator (quiet!). She was very helpful and more than happy to help with faxing a form to my office. Great Employee!!

The room had all the necessities like a comfortable bed, refrigerator, micro and a flat screen to watch NBA playoffs.

Breakfast had the normal Holiday Inn Express choices but was kept up better than average by the attendant! Things were well stocked and hot!

There is a burger joint on one side and a wing restaurant on the other, so if you'd like to walk to eat, it's in a great spot!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank robaconk
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback and comments. Lauren is thrilled that you mentioned her by name and that she was able to help you. We are glad you enjoyed your room and were able to relax. I have passed your comments on to the breakfast attendant and she pleased you mentioned her as well. Thank you again!
Marietta, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a great room. King executive jr suite with sofa, microwave, refrigerator. The breakfast was the typical Holiday Inn Express which was adequate. They offer complimentary shuttle service to the casino.The only down side was the extremely small pool. I would definitely stay there again when we go back to the Hard Rock Casino.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiet. No parking lot noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your room and the shuttle to the casino. We look forward to your next visit.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds. It served its purpose for us.

Location: It was easy to find. Right off the highway.

Customer Service at Checkin: The front desk staff at the time of check-in were extremely friendly. That's rare. I personally think that customer service has a major impact on how your trip will go.

Room: we were upgraded to a suit. There was a microwave ,fridge and free wifi. It was very clean. Not the Ritz Carlton but I feel I can bring my children here for a weeks stay.

Amenities: They have a gym and free breakfast. The gym is small..but most people are not going to work out on vacation or a business stay.

Breakfast was a little more than a continental breakfast. Bacon, eggs, pancakes, turkey sausage. It was very good.

Overall I enjoyed it. I hope the Holiday Inn reward the staff for keeping a nice clean and friendly place to rest. It can't be done with out the staff.

This was my first post ever on tripadvisor. I plan to do more. This site helps me a lot when choosing places to stay.
Thank you.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
HolidayInnFair, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a nice review and for complimenting our staff. We are grateful for your patronage and glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we can host you again in the future.