“Returining guest”

Ranked #103 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
A TripAdvisor Member
“Returining guest”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My 4th stay at this property. My experience with the desk is great, the lady signing me in checked my profile, made updates confirmed all info. Made sure that I had everything I needed. I feel very safe here as a solo traveler. The parking light was well lite, the front area as well. The staff seems to be aware of the comings and goings of guest. I cannot
find fault. I have recommended this site numerous times to friends and co-wokers. Thank-
you for a place to rest, study alittle and relazx, followed by a great nights sleep and wakiing
up to fresh in room coffee. Keep up the good work. Your staff deserves pay increases.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Crystal River Fl.
Reviewed 1 January 2012

First the good, the place is very clean, the staff friendly, and for an older hotel nicely decorated, now for the bad I stay in alot of La Quintas ( I am an Elite member) and they all have comfy beds and pillows but I dont know why this one the beds were uncomfortable the pillows were hard, the breafkfast area had no one staffing it, they ran out of coffee and knives and forks no one was there to keep it clean so it was a mess, the front desk clerk had to leave the front desk to make coffee and get forks after several people complained. For the price we paid it was a good deal but I expected better from a LaQuinta.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ljsflorida
Davie, Florida
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I felt itchy all night while I slept but I thought I was being paranoid so I ignored it. The next day I spoke with one of my friends that had stayed in the same hotel and they told me when they woke up they had a bed bug rash. The hotel comped their room for the night. I never ended up with any sort of rash but I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East Brandon, it's 10 dollars more but worth it!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank saucer_eyes_11

Travellers are raving about these Tampa hotels

Jersey
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I asked for a non smoking room with a king size bed, when I arrived I confirmed at the front desk that I was in a non smoking room. The moment I stepped off of the elevator I could smell the smoke. I hoped the room wasn't going to be as bad but when I opened the door it was just as bad if not worse. I'm an ex smoker and let me tell you this room is bad! The first thing I do when I get a room is pull the covers back and check to make sure they are clean. The sheets looked and smelled clean but the blankets were a different story, they were covered in hair and looked dirty. This place is probably not a bad pit stop for truckers and the like, but for the price and quality this is not a good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank _loulyorio
Apollo Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Great place to stay while house hunting, as staff is friendly, hospitable, eager to please with their services. Comfortable beds are the most important part of extended stay, these were class A, making us feel like we were at home. Room was clean and fresh, maid service great, convenient breakfast area with great selections, including waffles. Location to everything you need is main reason we chose this, plus it is so economical for extended stay.
Thanks to all of you at La Quinta for making us feel at home and giving us directions,plus all the joking we did (about learning how to use the waffle maker).
You have actually been some of the first people we have met from the Tampa area and feel that your kindness and hospitality must represent much about the attitudes in the area. We will be looking forward to our return to see you guys again in the near future. Mrs. D, North Carolina, Sept. 2011 visit

Room Tip: The staff is so helpful in placing you where you want to be, and it is easy to change rooms if you d...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Perth WA
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Vaue for money, this hotel was great for our trip to Busch Gardens. I would rather stay at this hotel than pay more an be closer to the theme parks. It had a restaurant on site which again was great. Store for buying snacks close by. The only problem was the elevators were being serviced on the day we checked out and we had to carry our luggage down three flights of steps, but otherwise, it was what we expected for the price. Clean and tidy.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I got mixed messages at this property. On one hand the rooms were large and well kept and had micro/fridge combo, old style tube tv and an excellent work area with a good work desk, chair and decent lighting with plenty of outlets. On the other hand the hallways were filthy and showed poor housekeeping and the elevator was in poor shape and slow. The Breakfast was adequate, nothing special but did have waffle maker. Staff was adequate. Some light road noise, not too bad though. The pool is decent size, outdoors. An excellent value for your money, but no where near the top of its class.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon
Quality Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon West? Share your experiences!