“play some golf, food is ok”

Tampa Palms Golf & Country Club
Ranked #23 of 88 Outdoor Activities in Tampa
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Very fun course that is very tight. You will see alligators. We saw 6 on one hole. Enjoy it! Food was as good as any I found at a golf course. Room? a little dated, but comfortable.

1  Thank Ken B

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I use a different standard for rating private golf courses than I do for public golf courses. A private course should be superior to public courses. This course, were it a public course, would get a 4.5 rating from me.
The layout of the front 9 holes is ho-hum. straight out fairways from tee to green with only a few hazards. One caveat, you must stay in the fairways. The tree lines on both sides of the fairways are not very forgiving. The fairways are reasonably wide. The back nine gets a lot more interesting with many dog legs and lots of water and bunkers.
The fairways were well covered with grass but many parts of the grass were browned out. Not bare, just brown. The greens were mowed very short and spray painted green. This helped to cover bare spots. The paint (or whatever the material is) tended to stick the grass blades together giving the green a smooth surface that rolled true but not as fast as they looked. I'd rate the stimp at 10.
The course is very well marked and meanders thru beautiful nature areas. Although I saw one walker I would not consider this a very walkable course. There are long scenic trails between holes. The houses that are visible from the fairways are huge and appear to be all custom designed and built.
The club house is what you would expect at a private club. Very large and well appointed. We showered and dressed after the round so we could meet our wives for dinner. The showers were clean and body wash and towels were provided. They even have a hot tub in the shower room. '
Everyone on the staff was extremely helpful and happy to see us.
Overall, it is not a very memorable course.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Great course, well maintained. Greens very fast when I played. It's a tough layout, narrow, precise shots required. Bring lots of balls. Lots of wildlife to view while playing. Club house is excellent with friendly staff. One of, if not the best, golf deal in the Tampa Bay area.

2  Thank Peter G
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed at Tampa Palms Resort earlier this year and was very satisfied with the rooms, meals, and gold course. It was a great value and a great experience. I will be coming back for sure, bet on it. Thanks again Tampa Palms Staff for a great week!!

1  Thank Dabber3377
Reviewed 9 July 2013

A very enjoyable getaway, with challenging golf on a very scenic course boasting wildlife and an interesting layout with eighteen very enjoyable holes. The accommodations were extremely nice, with large well decorated rooms that were quiet and extremely comfortable. Breakfast was very enjoyable in a pleasant and roomy environment. This overall experience was nicer than we had anticipated, and we look forward to repeating it again.