“Nice Surprise”

Lettuce Lake Regional Park
Ranked #6 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Lettuce Lake Park opened in 1982 and quickly became a hub of activities. The 240-acre site offers something for everyone. Wooded picnic areas and a playground are family favorites. A 1.25 mile bicycle path/jogging trail, complete with a fitness course, meander through the park. Lettuce Lake is also a haven to study nature. An interpretive center, featuring exhibits, leads to a 3,500-foot boardwalk and an observation tower where visitors can view an extensive variety of wildlife. Canoes and kayaks are available for rent to visitors to experience a wholenew side of the Park.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Excellent park and a nice place to shoot photos. Certainly a place I'd visit regularly if I lived in the area, even if it's just to exercise.

Visited May 2014

• Czech first
Tampa, Florida
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Tranquility”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Recently went over for an afternoon with a few friends and the kids. We literally had the place to ourselves! You are in the midst of a major roadway leading to USF and the interstate, once inside and strolling this beautiful place you would never know you were this close to civilization. This is definitely a gem that not many people use! Besides the seclusion, it is magnificent!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Worldlycouple
Senoia, Georgia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“What a beautiful park!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I visited the park after work two evenings in a row - what a treasure! Beautifully maintained, nice walking path, great playgrounds and the boardwalk is SPECTACULAR!!! I was lucky enough to have a lot of it all to myself - what an amazing view of nature. I was able to see turtles, fish, alligators, and birds galore. I would suggest going when you have time to quietly and slowly stroll the boardwalk....the slower you go the more you see.

If I'm in the area again I will definitely stop. $2 is a bargain.

Those of you looking for an "attraction", skip it....leave it for the folks who want to enjoy peace and quiet.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank kyliesaute
montreal
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“tranquil and serene park made for a perfect afternoon”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

What a wonderful way to spend the afternoon! This park has a gorgeous elevated boardwalk beautifully constructed and covering a large portion of the park which we enjoyed walking on and peering down to check out the all the vegetation and wildlife. While we were there, we had the opportunity to see 2 turtles, several different kinds of birds, including a wood pecker and a gator sunning itself. While observing the alligator bask in the sun for close to ten minutes, all of a sudden, within the blink of an eye, we saw it snap at what must have been some kind of insect on the water. Really cool! It was the first time I'd seen an alligator in the wild and it was fascinating to watch. Be sure to take your time walking around as many of the animals and birds are camouflaged or may be more difficult to spot otherwise. There are paddleboats for rent but for some reason, they weren't available when we were there. I wish I lived close by to enjoy the park on a regular basis but I plan on visiting next time I'm in the area and hopefully, will be able to time my visit to attend one of their nature walks held on the week end (Saturday morning if I remember correctly). I'd also like to rent a bicycle next visit to ride through some of the beautiful trails they have in the park and the surrounding areas. I would highly recommend this park to anyone interested in spending a relaxing day (or even just for an hour or two) in a peaceful and breathtaking natural environment. They even have some seating scattered throughout the park with shaded picnic areas and grills for groups to use!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank michellesickini
Tampa, Florida
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Decent getaway”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a decent getaway. Not usually crowded. There is always something in bloom or some sort of critter to be seen on the trail.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Bombero474

Been to Lettuce Lake Regional Park? Share your experiences!