“Family park”

Lettuce Lake Regional Park
Ranked #6 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Lettuce Lake Park opened in 1982 and quickly became a hub of activities. The 240-acre site offers something for everyone. Wooded picnic areas and a playground are family favorites. A 1.25 mile bicycle path/jogging trail, complete with a fitness course, meander through the park. Lettuce Lake is also a haven to study nature. An interpretive center, featuring exhibits, leads to a 3,500-foot boardwalk and an observation tower where visitors can view an extensive variety of wildlife. Canoes and kayaks are available for rent to visitors to experience a wholenew side of the Park.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great place for a family. Great place for wild life observation. Very clean and great place to take photos.

2  Thank Luis M

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Took my kids here. We had a blast. Nice place to walk, playground is nice. Boardwalk is beautiful. Plenty of shade on a hot day. Restrooms are clean. Definitely recommend!

1  Thank BigManinHomestead
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Ran here for the first time. This is a beautiful park nestled in Temple Terrace, FL. I jogged to the entrance gate and asked if I could run in the park. Normally, there is a charge for admittance into the park. However, since I was on foot vs. in a car he stated I could run in the park for free. I really enjoyed my run through the park. The paved loop is 1.25 miles long and is shaded with overhanging trees. An extra benefit on a hot Florida day. I stayed on the paved path but did see trails and bridges that are a viable option for exploring or extra mileage. Definitely recommend for either walkers or runners.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We took my sister and brother-in-law there over Memorial Day weekend and we all loved it! We saw so much wildlife and the views from the observation platform were gorgeous. We stuck mainly to the boardwalk but hope to go back and explore a little more. Definitely recommend.

3  Thank Kelly E
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Take a break, get away from the city, seems like you are in the Everglades. Peaceful, shaded, boardwalks among swamp like vegetation allows you to cleanse your mind or city life and get back to nature.

1  Thank jim a

Been to Lettuce Lake Regional Park? Share your experiences!