Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsraymond james stadiumfree breakfastwithin a mile radiuspool and hot tubstayed one nightbusch gardensbucs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed here when I came down to see the Yankees during spring training. It is within walking distance to the stadium so it's a great value for the money. The breakfast buffet was very good and the lobby was very nice. I thought the rooms were very comfortable and spacious. There's a small pond in the back of the hotel which is nice to walk your dog around. In summing up, I was more than happy with my stay. I will be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank sfmarine
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Hotel was ok the room was looking run down (321). Beds are clean. Internet is almost useless 0.12 uploaded speeds. It is free and I still want my money back. Staff was frienldy rooms were ok. Exercise room had broken equipment, tVs are old, and the Internet is bad!!! I am use to a little better in a HIE. I am not feeling smart today.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times previously for business (it is located near the airport and my customers). The hotel is not holding up well at all and it is not indicative of the HI Express brand standard. I have had excellent stays here in the past and perhaps with some attention to the cleanliness, maintenance and brand they will be able to return to a hotel that represents an excellent value.

Front desk agent at check-in and over our 2-night stay was terse; very bothered by our mere presence as if she were home and we were interrupting her. Had trouble connecting the internet and was told that no one else had complained so it must be fine. The agent on later in the afternoon (Anthony) took care of the connection issue right away.
There were many small physical plant issues which signal to me that a hotel is not being well cared for. The carpet in my room was not vacuumed well-plastic clothing tags, pieces of paper. All of the carpets (room and hallway) were lumpy as if they hadn't been installed properly. Water feature in the lobby was not functioning. House phone haphazardly placed in the breakfast room. There was always garbage on the floor in the lobby and common areas. Grout in the bathroom and elevator floors poorly done and tiles moving. Pancake maker not working.

Only one garbage can in the guestroom (bathroom, not under desk). The only amenities in the bathroom were soap, shampoo and conditioner. Totally all that you need but not the typical HI Express set-up in the bathroom. The pillows were horrendous. I almost tore them up so that they wouldn't be given to another traveler. One, marked "firm" was the lumpiest thing I have ever experienced.

On the plus side the room was large (233) and very, very quiet. The bed and covers were comfortable. The location was great for me and the breakfast is convenient.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank beanerOhio
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We checked in and found our room to be large, clean and exactly as described. We picked this location mostly because it has a heated pool and a hot tub (two of our favorite amenities). We had a spotless fridge and microwave in our room (another favorite). Everything about this hotel was exactly what a traveler wants. It was quiet, it was clean, the breakfast was very well prepared, the grounds were immaculate and the beds were comfy. We seldom sleep so well away from home, but we slept like rocks here. It's also 100% non-smoking so we had no trouble finding a "smell-free" room. When we checked out after two great days, Christina was at the front desk. Her work load was tremendous; there was a lobby full of people, the phone was ringing off the hook, but she kept everything moving with speed, accuracy and a very friendly smile. I'm not sure how she did it, but she sure did it very well.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheWilsons32068
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Good location for Buccaneers games. Large rooms. Free breakfast. Very good value.

• Stayed: January 2012