Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel
US$353
US$266
  • Restaurant
US$116
All reviewsraymond james stadiumfree breakfastwithin a mile radiuspool and hot tubstayed one nightbusch gardensbucs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Well worn, absolutely the minimum amenities, a faint background odor from years of humidity. Internet wasn't working for the first hours after arrival ("he's looking at it"), no stopper in tub ("I'll tell maintenance"), and the free shuttle to the airport takes 20+ minutes to arrive after you call. The Internet was working later in the day, but so was noise from the pool area. Landers Steakhouse is across the lot but not a great option. Will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relaions Manager at Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Dear braneout,

Thank you for leaving us a review.
I apologize you didn't enjoy your overall experience with us.
Your comments are appreciated as they let us know
where we need to focus our efforts.

katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here February 23rd thru the 24th 2012. This hotel is quite nice. The hotel is situated in a great location, room was clean, nice property with a beautiful lake view.

What made the difference for us was Felicity at the front desk. She was very helpful and caring, she has a great personality and went out of her way to help my wife and I in explaining the amenities of the hotel, directions to grocery stores and helped us arrange shuttle to and from the Tampa Cruise Terminal. The others we dealt with at the front desk did not seem caring or concerened, But, Felicity's care, concern and service was above and beyond. We hope that Felicity is recognized for the level of service that she provide's and her truly caring attitude.

She truly made the positive difference in our stay.

Fiorentino/ Herrera

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank anjois1
Reviewed 29 February 2012

A disappointing stay. The carpet in our room was dirty with large stains, and the bench in the room was stained as well. There were even stains on the curtains that were reddish- who knows what that might have been?! The linens did seem clean but the beds were awful! Mattresses were lumpy and no support. Seemed like the A/C was not cooling the hallways and it was stuffy.

The hotel lobby has what looks like it was once a waterfall wall and a very dead scraggly plant adorns it. Nasty. The fee breakfast had a juice dispenser and the orange juice was not juice, it was light orange water- and rubbery sausage patties that tasted awful! The television was only fair and the wireless internet was sporadic and very slow. I would not recommend staying here if you have other options.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I love this hotel. It is great because it is worth the price you pay. I come here on business all the time but I also bring my family for the weekend once every few months. It is a brand new hotel and everything is just so clean with a friendly staff and a great atmosphere. It has a outdoor pool and hot tub which is great. The continental breakfast is amazing because it has every single thing you can think of and its free. Complimentary shuttle to anywhere you want near the hotel which is great because there are so many places to go. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I have been a HI Express customer for years, and I can honestly say, this is the worst HI Express I have stayed in for many years. First, I will give you the good points. The place is clean, and the housekeeping staff does a good job. Also, the pool area, which includes a heated pool, is great. Now the bad part! The decor in this hotel is BEYOND dated, and considering what I paid, there is no excuse for them not to renovate. Also, the normally wonderful HI Express mattresses were nowhere to be found. Instead, we had a matress more in line with what I would expect to find at the most basic budget motel chain. Finally, the lobby is very cluttered with a food retail section right next to the front desk. It just made the lobby and the whole place look that much cheaper.

I would definitely spend the night somewhere else if you can.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends