We enjoyed a stay at Embassy Suites during a recent convention in Tampa. Location can't be beat if you want to be downtown. Hotel is located just off the bay with the trolley line running right in front of the hotel and also close to the river walk trails. You can take the trolley to downtown and to the Aquarium and restaurants. Large rooms with separate sitting area. Rooms were clean and nice, housekeeping was very good. Many rooms had good bay views. Downstairs restaurant and bar had good selection of food and drinks and the things we tried were very good. Pool is just a wading pool and rather small, but while we were there it was not busy. The pool bar was never open. Elevators could get slow at times. Parking is an extra charge per night. I don't know why hotels just don't reflect that charge in their rates, instead of always making you mad when you get a 2 page bill with all the extra charges. They have a large garage with valet service. The thing that really made me mad was the $15 charge per day for internet service. A crazy idea in this day and time to charge for internet, especially at that rate. The free breakfast was excellent with a good variety of items and also a cook to order area, BUT, the area it is held in is fairly small for the hotel which made it hard to find a seat at times and also a hassle with a big crowd all trying to eat at the same time. Good food, but don't look forward to a quiet relaxed atmosphere while you eat. Next trip we might check out some of the hotels close by, after Embassy adds all their extras, you might come out just as well staying at a different place. I do like staying in this area of town. Still I have to give this hotel 4 stars despite the hassles, we did have a comfortable room and staff were friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connected via skybridge to the Tampa Convention Center, the Embassy Suites is the only upscale all-suite hotel in downtown Tampa. Complimentary Cooked-to-Order Breakfast and a Manager's Reception included daily. Next door to the St. Pete Times Forum for Tampa sporting events, concerts and exhibits. The Tampa Cruise Port is also close by for all Tampa cruise departures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Hotel Tampa
- Tampa Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center Florida