My wife and I drove over from Melbourne Bch, to catch a hockey match. My wife is a huge Red Wings fan (From Sweden) and most of the wings are from Sweden. Anyway, the choice was between the Marriott and Embassy Suites. This choice was based on just an overnight place to stay, to avoid driving 2.5 hours back home. The Embassy Suites was ~ $30.00 less expensive than the Marriott, and was the same distance away from the rink. Check–in was smooth, however; there was only another couple in line. I did notice that about a ½ hr., later, there were about 10 people in line, and still only one clerk. The clerk was friendly, and very helpful. It was raining when we arrived, and I jokingly asked him if they rented out umbrella, and he handed us two free umbrellas from behind the desk! When we arrived to the room, I noticed that there was no Wi-Fi. I called downstairs, and was given a coupon code/password, so I could have Wi-Fi free for the night. The room itself was huge, a little outdated, but clean!
We walked across the street to the Marriott where friends were staying, and the place was packed. I checked out the rooms, and they were smaller, but really nice. We also heard that the visiting teams stay at the Marriott, and the RedWing Players were walking around the lobby. My wife would have loved that!!! What we liked the most was that you could literally walk back to the hotel in between periods, and not miss a thing. The hotel is that close. What we did not like is that the bar closed really early, Midnight I think, and they didn’t really have any munchies. Also, no one likes to pay $20 bucks for parking!
Anyway, if I were staying for more than two nights, I would stay at the Marriott, otherwise, this hotel was perfect for a one night hockey stay!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connected via skybridge to the Tampa Convention Center, the Embassy Suites is the only upscale all-suite hotel in downtown Tampa. Complimentary Cooked-to-Order Breakfast and a Manager's Reception included daily. Next door to the St. Pete Times Forum for Tampa sporting events, concerts and exhibits. The Tampa Cruise Port is also close by for all Tampa cruise departures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Hotel Tampa
- Tampa Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center Florida