“Overall good experience”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #38 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Clean, and I am SO anxious about a dirty room, bathroom a bit dated. End room, 7th floor, great view, plenty of room, comfortable beds. Check in easy. Free evening reception VERY crowded and didn't get any food 1 hour after it began. Free breakfast very good. Good dinner in lobby restaurant. Loved having a Starbucks in lobby. Needed a suite, separate bedroom, as I was traveling with my 2 year old grandson. Would choose again if I needed a suite and was visiting Tampa.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear maureent90
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.
Jason Bowers

Write a ReviewReviews (2,111)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel itself was rather decent. The room was smaller that other Embassy Suites I've stayed in. They were booked pretty full and had lots of children that considered the elevator an "amusement park ride" because it has windows that you could see out of. They would go from the bottom to the stop and stop on every floor. This not the hotels fault but it still had an impact on my visit. The evening managers reception was nice. Everyone came out to enjoy. The bartender was fast and pleasant. The free breakfast was plentiful. They had lots of options for you to choose from and everything except the pancakes were nice (the cakes were undercooked). They had staff standing by cleaning the tables speedily. The location was nice. The Trolley picks you at the front door and takes you to Ybor City for your nighttime entertainment. Across the street, Jacksons was a nice place to eat and the Riverwak is also great for an early morning stroll or boat ride. The scenery around the hotel offers lots of great photo opportunities.
NOW....they need to be ashamed about the remote controlled air conditioning. At some point in the night the air seems to be set to 75 or 80. I heard several people complain about this and also read the reviews. You can call and have them adjust or google the name of thermostat and find instructions on how to bypass the settings. My hair sweated back and so did my several others. One lady said she had to take a cold shower just to cool off. The bed was very comfortable but what difference does that make if you can't sleep in the furnace! The carpet had been updated. I asked about it at checkin based on other reviews but that was not a problem. They said all rooms had been upgraded.
I would stay again though but only if I can get the air adjusted.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear G G
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa-Downtown for your recent visit. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed the hotel as well as the location. I appreciate you sharing your feedback as we welcome constructive comments as an opportunity to improve our facility and services.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel. Great bell staff. But...the A/C in our room is not working and it's HOT!!!! Checked in very late last night so we made do. Reported it this AM and we're assured it would've fixed. Just got back to room and it's the same. Very disappointed. Obviously our complaint was ignored.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Laurie B
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear LaurieB
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. I was glad to hear your warm regards of our bell staff. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. It is of course with great concern that I have learned that we did not meet your expectations. I have noted your comments regarding the AC in your suite and have reported it to our Engineering department. Our team at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience. I would like to apologize if in any way we feel short in this respect. I do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed on the 19th floor at the Embassy Suites in Tampa Florida. Everything was wonderful. We felt like Kings and Queens. It was a beautiful clean extravagant building with views of the city that was awesome! For those of you that like white noise when you are sleeping, bring your fans. It is EXTRA quiet in the rooms so much so that the sheets rubbing together is loud. Yea, I know, sounds crazy right? LOL Just bring some white noise and you will love the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear ConnieW
Thank you kindly for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am happy to read you enjoyed so many aspects of our property and that your experience was close to perfect. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had a fantastic room overlooking Channelside. An easy walk to the Forum where the Lightning play. There is a trolley stop right in front of the hotel and we took it for a short ride to Ybor City and back. The room had a separate bedroom with a king bed, nicely appointed bath, living room area with pull out sofa bed, and a table for dining/working. They have a cocktail & appetizer event from 5:30 to 7 and the breakfast was wonderful. All included for guests! We'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DianaP71
Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and for taking the time to post your detailed feedback of your stay. It was very pleasing to read your appraisal of the hotel itself as well as the area and all of the amenities that you and your family enjoyed. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel, the staff is awesome and friendly. However during my stay the rooms were switched after the 3rd night due to the fact the hotel was replacing the carpet on my floor. They were nice enough to put me on the 20th floor but the room had no hot water in the shower.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Miranda J,
I just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and your review on TripAdvisor. I was happy to hear that our staff was friendly and I have made note of the issue with the hot water so that our team can investigate this issue further.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Was in town one night for an interview and they put me at this hotel. As with most hotels there is good and bad.

The good: Front desk people were very nice. Location is great with lots of places close by for food and drink. Love the room design of Embassy Suites, especially when we are travling with kids. The free morning breakfast buffet was the best I have ever had. Lots of selection. Made to order omlettes. Yumm.

The bad: Carpet had several noticeable stains. The show surround is very cheap, the pre fab fiberglass which I know is easier to clean but it just looks cheap. The water pressure was good, but it kept vacilating between freezing and boiling. Finally ended up taking a cold shower. Not a good way to start the day. You have to pay to park, which is typical of downtown hotels, but I still don't like it. A room is no bargain when you have to add $20-25 a night on top of it. I didn't drive so it wasn't an issue this time.

All in all I would stay there again.

Room Tip: It was dark when I arrived and left so I have no idea.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Al E E
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear AI E E,

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and for taking the time to post your detailed feedback of your stay. It was very pleasing to read your appraisal of the staff, the hotel itself, as well as the area and all of the amenities that you and your family enjoyed. I have noted your comments regarding the water temperature and condition of the carpet and apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. I would like to assure you we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Best Regards,