I have to agree with some of the other reviews - this place is really overpriced. The rooms were not overly clean, and the bathroom was really small. It is convenient to the convention center, but without free wi-fi (which is available just outside the doors at the nearest bus stop!) it wasn't at all business-friendly. There is a "business center" with extremely slow computers and an almost unusable printer. The hotel also chose to block ESPN when the local Tampa Bay Rays game was on, and doesn't get Sunshine Network so baseball wasn't available on other days either. They would not provide late checkout, even though our convention ended 15 minutes before the check-out time. Most of the rooms open up onto the open lobby, and some nights it was really loud on even the upper floors from the lower bar area.
There are other downtown hotels - I'd look at them a bit closer before I'd stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connected via skybridge to the Tampa Convention Center, the Embassy Suites is the only upscale all-suite hotel in downtown Tampa. Complimentary Cooked-to-Order Breakfast and a Manager's Reception included daily. Next door to the St. Pete Times Forum for Tampa sporting events, concerts and exhibits. The Tampa Cruise Port is also close by for all Tampa cruise departures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Hotel Tampa
- Tampa Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center Florida