“Good location, clean”

Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Ranked #29 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed here one night while waiting to get into our scheduled hotel. Room was very nice and clean, staff was friendly. Late check in was quick and efficient. Rate was reasonable. I would definately stay there again.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Been staying here for four years as part of a Spring Training vacation every March. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and well located for easy drives into Tampa/St Pete, Sarasota/Bradenton, and Lakeland, which covers six spring training sites - another 4 are an additional hour or so away.

Hotel provides a decent breakfast, and a weekday evening 'reception' with light food and beer/wine. Service has been consistently good.

Room Tip: Two-room suites are great for families/friends traveling - they even have a three-room, two bedroom...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank chrissrli
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Great prices, room was big and roomy. Basketball court, hot tub, pool and clean lobby and entire hotel. Staff is very friendly and willing to help. Parking was easy and freeway very near. Near malls restaurants
and bars

Reviewed 1 April 2013

The room was nice. Clean and lot's of space. We had a couple of issues during our stay though. Our room was right next to the outside basketball court and we were a little annoyed that there were children playing basketball late into the night. It felt like we were on the court with them. My wife was blocking shots in her sleep. The biggest problem I had was the Radio Alarm clock in the room. We finally got to sleep a little after midnight and this horrible alarm goes off at 5:40am! Confused and annoyed, I try to figure out how to turn it off in the dark. I finally press a button right and I decide to take further precaution and unplug it from the wall. 5 min later I have fallen to sleep again and it magically goes off again. Thanks back up batteries. At this point, I'm so angry, I get out of bed and walk to the door. I rolled the clock down the hallway and went back to bed. HOTELS NEED TO MAKE SURE THE ALARMS ARE NOT SET! Also.....My wife and I went to use the hot tub and it appeared that they were having a hillbilly convention in it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomasja37
Jason B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thomasja37,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay but thank you for bringing this to our attention. The notifications that we receive from our guests allow us focus areas for our staff and you can be sure this has been addressed. I hope on a future trip, you will consider giving us another chance to give you the experience you not only expect when traveling, but deserve! Thank you, again.

Jason Bargar

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. All the staff were very friendly! The food wasn't great but I did love having free breakfast and a light dinner. My husband was impressed that they had free beer and wine. If you eat early, check back later for the desserts. I only have a couple of complaints, I didn't like the way they have the TV channels set up (I saw where someone complained about this in another review and thought, really?) but they have something called Lodgenet and it is very annoying to try to work it. You can't just turn on the T.V. and flip through the channels, and there aren't very many children's channels (which was important to us because we have small children) Also the movies and on demand they had were very expensive but we were able to check out a DVD player for free so that was nice. Also, we did't really like the weird times housekeeping came by. We stayed on the 7th floor and housekeeping knocked on our door at 8:30 am. We told them that we would be leaving in a few minutes so they could just come back but they didn't clean our room at all that day. The next day we left early and didn't get back to our room until 4:30 and had to call and ask for them to please clean our room, which they did very shortly after, they said housekeeping had been busy and didn't get to it.
The lobby,pool and rooms were all nicely decorated and clean. The "fitness room" was very small but nice. Overall we had a good experience and would stay there again.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

The hotel has larger rooms and two room suites. Bathrooms with plenty of space and kitchens with full refrigerators and the ability to cook meals. Weekday evening food & drinks, as well as hot breakfasts everyday, which was super crowded Easter Week (to be expected in Central Florida!) It was a great location for getting to a variety of Spring Training fields - west to Tampa/Clearwater, south to Sarasota and Northeast to Lakeland, all less than an hour away, and hotel is close to I-75 entrance/exit. Staff helped get me into a non-smoking room after a mistake on my part - when the hotel was fully booked.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Brandon is a suburb south east of Tampa. The homewood is exactly what you'd think it would be. A reasonable property, nice rooms, free crappy dinner and breakfast.

The staff is pleasant, the location is accessible to the highway. There's several strip malls that are reached easily and contain all the usual suspects. Some box retail and grocery stores as well (publix chicken...drooooool).

Their internet connect is pretty good. Low latency although the bandwidth isn't high. There's a pool deck and some grills which some of the patron's used. The hotel is a little run down bare carpet etc. But nothing terrible.

The layout of the Suite was efficient, nice use of space. Good shower. Comfortable bed. Can't complain. If you have business in the area it does the job. But it's far from the airport and you MUST have a car. That's non-negotiable.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
#84 of 164 in Tampa
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!