“Our New "Go-to" Hotel! Loved Homewood Suites!”

Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Ranked #27 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
“Our New "Go-to" Hotel! Loved Homewood Suites!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I had booked a different hotel in the Tampa area for our family during the March Break. It fell well below ours ( and anyone's ) standards. ( dirty floors, tables, sofa beds..). We "happened" upon the Homewood Suites in Brandon while looking for a quick replacement hotel. We were so happy we did! I have nothing but rave reviews about our 5 day stay there. The room was immaculate. High end ( Neutrogena ) bath products were available and replenished daily. The room itself ( 2 room King suite ) was spacious. There were 4 of us and at no time did we ever feel like we were stepping on each other. The daily breakfast was lovely. Fresh eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles were a great way to start the day. Having 24 hour coffee service was an added bonus when you needed a little pick me up at the end of a long day. Or, the beer and wine offered at the manager's reception worked too! I only wish that the fruit salad offered one morning was offered every morning. It was delicious! The outdoor swimming pool and deck was used frequently and besides the unavoidable grasses and leaves that floated around, the pool was clean and clear. The area is nice and quiet and is easily reached from the highway. A shopping centre is 2 minutes away. I will definitely look for a Homewood Suites hotel for any of my future out of town visits!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank 881beverleyg
Jason B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
881beverlyg,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us! We are so glad you moved hotels and were able to enjoy your stay with us after your trip got off to not so great of a start. We hope your travels bring you back to the area again and we are fortunate to have you as our guests again!

Jason Bargar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel with my 4 month old baby, husband and sister. It was perfect. Quiet, and they provided a lovely pack and play for the baby to sleep in. I was worried because the property allowed smoking but it wasn't a problem at all, the rooms were clean and well taken care of and there was no smoke smell at all. The beds were very comfortable, and the pillows were my favourite! The blackout blinds worked well and even the baby slept in a few days. The little kitchen was helpful to have - although our fridge had been turned down really low and we accidentally froze everything we put in it the first day but this can't be the fault of the hotel! Check that before you put your fruits and veggies in. There was also a service where they would do grocery shopping for you - we didn't use it but I thought it was a really great idea.

The pool area was very well taken care of. We swam every day - although we were the only ones the pool they brought towels out for us and the pool and hot tub were clean and warm. The pool wasn't heated super hot, but the only one who complained was the baby! The basketball court and grill area provided us with lots of entertainment.

The free breakfast and dinner were both excellent. The area had lots of restaurants to eat at. We had rented a car, parking was free, and drove to lots of activities - Yankees spring training games, Lettuce Lake park, Tampa Aquarium were all easily accessible.

We only stayed here for half of our vacation and then moved to Treasure Island to enjoy the beach. If we were to come back I would spend our entire vacation here since the hotel was so nice and the staff so helpful and everything was just wonderful.

Room Tip: We stayed on the front side of the hotel - these rooms might be quieter since they face away from th...
Karebara85,

Wow, first off sounds like you had a great vacation lined up and we are so glad we were able to be apart of it! Thank you so much for taking the time give such a detailed review of our property. We hope next year, you decide to come back for all that Tampa has to offer and stay with us again! (If not sooner!) We appreciate having you and your family here!

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Had a very good stay here with few problem. Our room was very clean top to bottom and was at the end of a hall and extremely quiet. The sheets were clean and soft and the linens were some of the softest I've seen in a hotel. The pillows were a little flat and uncomfortable but not bad. The second day of my stay no one came to clean the room. I called the front desk around 19:00 saying it was ok that the room hadn't been cleaned but I did want some towels and wash cloths and I was told they would be sent right up - they never arrived. The next day I alerted the front desk to this issue and they said my room would be cleaned first for the day. I had no other cleaning problems after that. There were a few other problems in the room: burned out light bulbs, the faucet in the tub didn't work but the shower worked fine so I didn't care, and the refrigerator made a noise so loud when it was on that I couldn't hear the television for 15-20 minutes until it would cycle back off. I didn't report all of these things because I didn't want to move rooms or be bothered with a serviceman during my stay. The cleaning staff should be empowered to report these issues so they are fixed before guests arrive.
The manager dinner wasn't anything special, the breakfast was much better. There were several choices to eat at breakfast and the people working there were extremely nice and attentive.
Other than a few minor things with the room, it was a good stay and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: End of a hallway would be best.
Hot_Dog1590456,

Thank you so much for bringing these issues to our attention. Without our guest feedback we are unable to know where we can improve. These issues have been address with the appropriate members of the staff so we can avoid these issues going forward. We know you have many options for hotels when you travel to area and we thank you for staying with us!

We hope to see you again soon and you will see the issues you encountered have been addressed!

United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

this hotel is at convenient location for dining, shopping and exploring area. Rooms are clean. Breakfast is common, nothing out of the ordinary. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Too bad the pool is not indoor as the location of the pool is not so great (rear of the building, at the parking lot) I recommend this hotel for couples and families.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Jugoslav C,

We appreciate the time you took to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the staff will love to hear the kind words! We hope to serve you again in the near future.

florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Quiet location, great service with friendly staff. Close to I-75. Hotel grounds and rooms are really clean. Perfect place for our family, especially having the kitchen and it is a suite. Having a separate room is a big plus.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Family_man674,

Thank you so much for your review. We realize you have plenty of choices when traveling to our area and we thank you for choosing us! We hope you come back and stay again soon!

Thanks again,

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I've stayed at a lot of all-suite/extended stay type hotels and this is definitely one of the best. If you've become annoyed at how doors slam when people exit their rooms during all times of the night and early morning at other hotels, this one will impress. It seems Hilton figured out how a door should close - THANK YOU.

The room was updated, clean, and classy. The small kitchen was adequate and new. The separate bedroom was large, had an extremely comfortable bed, and the mirrored closet was a nice touch. Other than the kids playing in the hallway, I didn't hear any others around me. The TVs are larger than in most hotels (one in bedroom and the other in living room) and the furniture is much better.

The front desk staff both at check in and check out were friendly and professional. The breakfast staff was also very professional and accommodating. The breakfast was good but I enjoy a better selection of fresh fruit (they had red Delicious apples and canned fruit cocktail) - it would seem appropriate to offer some kind of citrus (oranges, grapefruit, tangerines) considering the location.

This would be a great hotel for families and possibly business (if you get a room in the corner perhaps). While it's off !-75, it's a bit difficult to get to from a side street at night - easier in the morning. I thought all and all, this hotel was a great value and I'll definitely check out when back in town next month. :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
PalmBeacher06,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I loved the feedback on the fruit and we will discuss the possibilities of expanding our fruit selection. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Thank you again!

Irmo, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

As a frequent visitor to the Tampa/Brandon area several times per year, I'm always on the lookout for an affordable-yet-nice property to stay at while visiting my children, and I think I may have found my favorite new place to stay. Because my 3 kids stay with me on my visit, I have to have a hotel that offers separate rooms, and that's hard to find unless you want to pay a pretty penny for it.

I came across Homewood Suites because of it's prime location in the heart of Brandon, where my kids live. I was able to check in early, which is always a bonus, and my room was exactly what was described on the website when I booked it. A very comfortable living area with a 37" television, a full kitchen - albeit a little small - but completely furnished with a microwave, stovetop, fridge, and even a dishwasher. The bedroom was HUGE, with two queen beds (always a plus over doubles), a 32" TV, and full bath and separate vanity area. My kids were extremely satisfied to have their own space, separate from me in the living area stuck on yet another sofa bed (I'm used to it by now). But, as sofa beds go, this one was actually not that bad.

The hotel price included a hot breakfast, but you never really know what you're getting in advance, as a hot breakfast can be very vague. Not here though...scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausages and/or bacon, plus oatmeal, waffles, and a variety of breads, pastries, cereal, and fruit. Eating a full breakfast each morning probably saved me $20 to $30 per day if we had gone out instead. I enjoyed being able to drink a cup of hot coffee out of an actual mug that was provided, instead of a styrofoam cup. And the breakfast area was spacious and very-nicely designed, with an assortment of tables, booths, and counters for whatever your needs are, and a two-sided fireplace that fortunately was not needed as the weather was in the '80s all weekend. Still a nice attraction though!

The outside area around the pool was very spacious as well, with plenty of places to sit around the pool. There is also an outdoor basketball court that is enclosed and very-well kept. My son spent virtually his entire stay outside playing ball and said it was his favorite part of our visit.

There is even a small "store" located behind the front desk that is open 24 hours, with a variety of sodas, water, snacks, candy, and even toiletries. With a credit card on file, my kids could go down and get whatever they wanted and charge it back to the room, and prices were fair - about what you'd expect to pay in a hotel.

Overall, almost a perfect experience. Just two minor complaints: no balconies, just large windows that open about 6 inches. And, despite my repeated requests, housekeeping only left 3 towels each day, despite the fact that I informed her that we had 4 guests in our room. On both days, I had to go down to the front desk and get another towel so that we could all take showers. But if those are the only issues, then I can overlook that and move on!

The location is perfect for getting around Brandon; easy access to I-75, Brandon Mall, the movie theatres, and many restaurants, both sit-down and fast food. There is a Hooters, McDonalds, and Subway just across the street from the hotel, and most other places within a mile or two across the bridge into Brandon. In addition, as I flew in, getting to the hotel from downtown was a breeze by taking the causeway.

As I mentioned above, I will definitely return to this hotel on future visits; I anxious to check out the two-bedroom units, as I was told they offer a king bed in one room along with two queens in the other, and two baths, which would be perfect for us and keep me off of that darn sofa bed! Kudos to the staff for being extremely friendly and helpful, and thanks for a great weekend!

Room Tip: Breakfast area can get quite busy right before breakfast ends, so get an early start!
Nightowl50,

Thank you for such an amazing review of your stay with us! I couldn't be happier that we were such a great fit for what you and your family needed. We hope you have many trips back to Brandon and that you continue to have great experiences as you had for this stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Jason Bargar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!