“Happy hour is a really good deal!”
Review of Sushi Alive

Sushi Alive
Ranked #386 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$10 - US$80
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

The sushi was pretty good sand the server was very helpful and attentive. I wish they would have had happy hour drink specials as well. Either way you get a lot of sushi for the price. It's a really good value.

1  Thank c4greene

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I do not want to sound snotty and I do not consider myself a sushi connoisseur (but I have eaten at Nobu, Morimoto, etc.) but the sushi was not good. The fish was paper thin and the rice was not good either. I do not know if it was that we went for lunch and they have a better quality at nighttime...

1  Thank Lucybelle1
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The personal is attentive, food is excellente...One thing you have to be there 15 min prior opening at 5:00pm. I fnot you will be waiting for a long period of time. Other than that we loved My husband and I go at least 2 or 3 times per week.

1  Thank ReinaDelPalacio
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The decor was lovely. The seating was plush in some areas however I didn't like sushi and the amount given. It was tasteless and small. I have had better.

1  Thank simwbwlp2013
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Tuna Poke - We ordered the Tuna Poke and Kickin' Kani Chowder, both very very good. Although if anyone has ordered the Crab and Corn Chowder from Crabby Bills or Cooters you'd know the base of the soup is the same and they just add in the mushrooms.... which I was okay with since I LOVE that chowder to begin with. We order three rolls, the Volcano and Godzilla Alive were very good! The third was a special, it had filet on top with micro greens and truffle oil. Now my boyfriend didn't think everything in it sounded like a good blend (he's a chef). But I thought that I would try it... it might have been good if they didn't over cook the filet with the oil... it had a burnt taste to it. That will not keep me from returning though. LOVE the Happy Hour, and they pour a mean martini.

1  Thank CarrollwoodFoodie

Been to Sushi Alive? Share your experiences!