“Service is Excellent!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
Ranked #74 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I booked a group with this hotel and their staff was helpful from beginning to end. We had a family of four in our room and had plenty of room. Rooms are very clean and staff is attentive. Judy at the front desk is a gem. A ton of restaurants and activities are very close. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed here for a pre-cruise stay. The hotel was in excellent shape. Nice grounds and lobby area. The front desk was friendly,helpful. Rooms are in good shape, spacious and clean. Breakfast was good. The attendant refilled the trays quickly before they were depleted. Not something you see in other motels we have stayed in. Several shopping centers and great restaurants are within 5 miles of the hotel. Easy to get to the port from here, about 9-10 miles. We will stay here the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dcoop44
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night before our visit to Busch Gardens. it was booked while on the road. Rate was great. The hotel was nice, clean, and what I've come to expect from this chain. The night guy gave us toothbrushes since we sort of left last minute and forgot a few things. breakfast area was well stocked and clean. and as always the cookies are a must and the jar was never empty. would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I'm not sure where the other people stayed that reviewed this hotel but I don't think it was here. This place is cheaper than some of the other hotels in the area but it rings true the statement, you get what you pay for. Breakfast was horrible, understaffed and unable to deal with all the people complaining in the dining room. Sausage and eggs were brought out cold and even though I had cereal it was impossible to ignore the poorly staffed breakfast. Everything was empty and nobody to restock. One of the girls working breakfast actually cut in front of me to get herself a cup of coffee. No kidding. The air conditioner rattled all night, the beds are hard as rocks, sheets a stiff as sandpaper and the worst was no water pressure. Sleeping in my car would of brought more of a pleasant stay. I have stayed down the street at the Hampton Inn and I am definitely kicking myself for trying somewhere different this time. I'm a quick learner though and will never make this mistake again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kristy H
CarlsonRezidor, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service when it comes to food and beverage. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We found the Country Inn and Suites just average for cleanliness and comfort. The breakfast in the morning was a little below average since there was only nonfat milk, no bananas, and curdled coffee half and half creamers. I tried several to make my cup of coffee and gave up after ruining two cups. Not the best way to start the morning. I did mention it to the person at the front desk and he said he would look into it but I would have preferred him to say I will get you some fresh ones. Would I stay here again? Probably not since there are lots of other choices in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel after driving from Orlando. We wanted to visit the Hard Rock casino and do a little gambling, and this hotel was very convenient to the casino. The room rates were approximately $20 per night less expensive than the Country Inn right near the casino- this hotel was only 4 miles away- a very short and easy drive. It was clean and very comfortable for a value price. We didn't wake up in time to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast, but Country Inn breakfast is usually very good. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again myself. Beds were very comfortable and room was nice and clean and hotel is conveniently located just off I-75.

Room Tip: We selected a 1st floor room when we booked online and we got one. The hotel is quiet and rooms hav...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The staff was friendly and welcoming. Our room was very clean and wifi worked for us on both the iPhone and iPad. We spent two nights here while helping an elderly family member in the area so we were only there to sleep and eat breakfast. The breakfast was adequate for our needs. Since we got a discounted rate from an Internet offer, we thought we got a very good deal. The room could have been a little noisy from outside traffic but we set the air so that the fan provided some white noise and it was all god.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank N K K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
#84 of 163 in Tampa

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon? Share your experiences!