“Hidden Gem”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #74 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This place is a treasure. Does not look as much from the outside but at night it comes alive. The pool is to die for! Waterfalls and neon LED lighting adorn the side of the building and pool area. The price is just ridiculously affordable it almost giving the room away. The rooms are modernly decorated with expensive looking lighting you would not normally find in a hotel. It's like stepping into a modern hotel with painting in each room to offset the décor. Absolutely a must stay if you are looking for a hotel. We went for an overnight and actually extended our stay for a additional night. The restaurant adjacent serves great food and drink and just complements the stay. You must be nuts if you choose anyone of the many other hotels on RT 301. For the price you have luxury, a great room with comfortable bed. super clean and modern to boot. I almost hate telling anyone how great this place it because it should be kept a secret.

Room Tip: When we got there our bathtub was clogged and by the time we went notice it was late. We called the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn

Reviewed 20 May 2014

And OMG I am so glad we did. The outside of the hotel is nothing spectacular but wait till you get inside! Standard size room w/an updated look - chandelier in the center of the room, crisp white bedding, fantastically comfortable bed. We did not take advantage of the updated pool but it is spectacular. We thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary breakfast (waffles, omelet station, biscuits & gravy, juices, fruit). We arrived on a Friday afternoon and the lady at check in was just fabulous. This hotel is well worth the $$ - we will definitely book with them on our return trips to Tampa.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I booked my room through Priceline && when I arrived I was very pleased. The overall look of the hotel was A+ , nice pool area to sit back and relax at with a bar for those who drink. A popular pub in Tampa , Beef O Bradys is connected to the hotel as well. The room was PERFECT.. I had a very comfortable king sized bed , mini fridge and microwave for my convenience. Showers were clean THANK God, thats one thing I tend to check for and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel for anyone whether you have children, alone, or with your significant other , this hotel is PERFECT.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This little gem of a hotel situated exactly where I had to be on location, as I am an actress and needed a hotel nearby while out of town. Upon my check in, the front desk was cheerful and friendly, and checked in quickly. Accommodated my late check out time too. Room was very clean and had many amenities of higher named hotels. Free breakfast was included. Although I didn't use the nice pool they had, I was tempted to dive in! Looked sparkling clean and with lots of room! I recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view from the 2nd floor!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is the place to stay when you're visiting Tampa, Fla. Very friendly Staff, the rooms are sweet and very comfortable. Beds are wonderful! Very Clean Rooms!!Pool side rooms have an awesome view of the pool, waterfall and etc.....We were going to stay one week and ended up staying two weeks. Wish we had more time to spend there at the Clarion Inn in Tampa, Florida. The Beef O' Brady's connected to the hotel has very good food as well. And the hotel gives you free breakfast with them every morning. Poolside gives you a very pretty light show at night, so relaxing. We enjoyed our family picnic in the pool area.If you get a chance stop in just for a minute and take stroll through the hotel....You'll want to stay for at least one night if not more. We will be back for a visit. Thanks Jordann, Sara, and Catarina for making our stay AWESOME!!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms have the best views of the pool, waterfall, bar, and stage. I liked Rm#134
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great place to stay unless you are an old fart! This is a fun place with happy people working there. Cindy at the front desk is very helpfull. All the employees seem to like working there. As for the hotel itself, very nice. Set up motel style with the most impressive pool area we have seen. Seriously, the pool area is amazing. Rooms are average but very clean. Not the Ritz, but you can't get a room and breakfast for $75 at the Ritz. Connected to Beef O' Brady's restaurant that has bands and Dj and lots of dance space. We recommend if your in the Tampa area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel is absolutely amazing. The pool area is out of this world and Beef O Brady's was completed remodeled. The hotel has a very Las Vegas feel to it. When I come back to the Tampa area I will defiantly stay here again. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Anyone traveling to Tampa should stay here! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014