“Would go again”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #76 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. Has a beef o Bradys built into it. Fantastic pool. Not a great neighborhood would not recommend females staying alone. Though police patrol the parking lot frequently. Friendly staff, room was clean. Beds were a little firm than my liking but not much of an issue. Can tell it was recently renovated and not cheaply either. Good scenery with the waterfalls and night lights. Basic TV channels as other hotels. awesome full breakfast inside beef o Bradys that is free. Good wifi too. Would stay again. Note. I stayed for one night only and on a week day. I hear weekends can get wild.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The service here was tremendous and people were great. The rooms are a little small but very clean and in good shape. Not in the center of much but a lot near by and close to major roads. Pool area is very nice for couples and families.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

According to the staff person with whom I spoke, the hotel has just undergone a $5 million renovation - and it shows. The theme is "ultra model chic" and from the lobby to the guest rooms, everything has been redone in a highly modern, yet stylish and comfortable motif. The lobby is large and spacious, and my guest room was spotless, nicely furnished, and comfortable. They have done an excellent job with the upgrades, and for the price, the level of luxury and comfort is hard to beat.

But there is one caveat... and as long as you are aware of it, your stay should be just fine.

... and that is that this place can be NOISY, which means that the location of one's guest room is critical if one is to avoid the noise level. The reason for the noise is twofold - adjacent to the lobby, there is a large, open-air bar, with loud noise and music that carries quite a great distance. The hotel clearly is trying to become a magnet for evening party people, and it seems to be succeeding at that. When I arrived - midweek, in the mid-evening, there was loud music blaring that would wake up the dead if it could, and the crowds in the bar were quite ample. But that's not all. Behind the hotel, the buildings form a sort of a "U" around the pool area, and there is a large outdoor open-air bar there as well, and even though it was closed midweek, there were still loudspeakers back there blaring out the music to an empty patio. I understand that the pool-area bar is open on weekends, but even midweek, with the music blaring, there was a lot of noise. I have to assume that at least some of this noise carries into the rooms that directly surround this area, and if it were me, I would try to avoid those rooms at all costs.

I was aware of the possible noise when I booked my room and had put in a request for a room in a quiet area. That was done - I was given a room on the other side of the building, facing into the parking lot, and even with all of the noise coming from the speakers by the pool and the open-air bar in the front, my room was very quiet. I was able to enjoy a good night's sleep and the level of peace and quiet I typically expect from a hotel, so overall, I was quite pleased with my stay.

I get to this area fairly frequently and have stayed at a number of hotels in the immediate area, and, dollar for dollar, this one delivers the best value, all things considered. As long as I can get a quiet room, I will be back.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, be sure to request a room in a quiet area. If you book thru the hote...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank step12dude
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here prior to a cruise. There were several poor reviews but were dated almost a year ago. The price was great. This location has obviously undergone a major renovation. The pool area is gorgeous and the rooms nicely updated and clean. They offer a nice complimentary breakfast buffet in Beef O'Brady's. It was close to restaurants and shopping. I would absolutely stay here again and highly recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Staceyadk
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed on a Thursday night and arrived late in the evening (11pm). The staff was very friendly and presentable. The hotel looks like it has recently been remodeled to a decor of modern-city vibe (hence the glitter and neons on the exterior). The grounds and rooms were clean. We didn't go in the pool but it was very pretty and resort like with a water feature, pool bar, and fancy pool loungers. The breakfast was quite a spread over at the adjacent Beef-O-Brady's. The 2 ladies taking care and preparing the spread were so nice and friendly. We will definitely choose the Clarion the next time we are in Brandon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A couple of months earlier we stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Brandon Fl, (Complete disaster.. don't ever go there) So I was turned off from the area in general assuming that all of the hotels would be the same. However, we had the opprotunity to get away again and go to Bush Gardens we ended up picking the Clarion due to the really low price tag. It's actually really hard to describe, outside of just saying awesome! The room was basically brand new, huge NICE bed, clean, and fresh and literally nothing to complain about at all. The Pool is awesome, waterfalls and an 8ft. area to really swim in unlike some of the other hotel pools that are small and boring. The rest area around the pool is huge and spacious so you don't feel crowded. Did I mention the pool has a bar? and D.J? My wife and I have three kids, so this was an awesome escape back to our youth! Also another great addition to this establishment is the location on the strip of endless things to do. You are literally 20 minutes from Bush Gardens, 5 minutes from a HUGE HUGE Mall, 8 minutes from Walmart, 5 minutes from Target and 3 minutes from a movie theater that is amazing as well. Its hard not to rant about this place but everything was perfect!

Room Tip: If you need silence then get a room away from the pool along the outter edges of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel looks like it's been recently remodeled and the new decor was tastefully done. They have a resort style pool with a bar with good food and reasonable prices. However, when we arrived at 5:00 o'clock in the afternoon after an 8 hr drive, we were informed by the front desk attendant that the only rooms she had available were the ones facing the pool and that there would be a DJ playing probably until 2am. She said that if I had a problem with that she could cancel my reservation. I hesitantly agreed to check in since I was in no mood of looking for another hotel. We were spending the night just to catch a cruise the next day. They even made me initial a document were it stated that I was made aware of the loud music playing late. This was really disappointing as we were looking for a nice room to relax and sleep in after such a long drive. Needless to say, it was hard to watch TV, even harder catching sleep... Other than being unaware of the loud music, the stay was fine. I would suggest that management have some type of warning on their website that this is something going on every weekend as some people might like to be able to sleep, watch TV and relax in their room. Letting you know about this at check is kind of sneaky. I can't imagine parents with young children on a situation like this!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple