“Awesome Store”

Shooters World
Ranked #12 of 63 Fun & Games in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Shooters World is the premier firearm store in the Tampa Bay area! Offering state-of-the art indoor shooting ranges, including twenty-seven 25yd lanes and seven 100-yard rifle lanes, Shooters World is a must-see location during your visit to Tampa. Visiting from out of the country? You can still rent and shoot firearms at our range if you are a permanent resident of the United States and have been issued a green card or are from a country which participates in the Visa Waiver Program. Non-immigrant aliens which do not fall into either of those categories may also shoot at the range with a valid U.S. state-issued hunting license.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Shooters World is a first class gun store and range. Friendly courteous employees who are willing to help you find top of the line guns. I've been to gun stores across the nation and this one tops them all. First Class all the way. If you are a gun fanatic, you need to check this place out.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"equipment"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We became members shortly after the facility opened. It is large, very nice, well maintained, mostly knowledgeable staff, friendly staff without a doubt, wide variety of class offerings, huge store, large selection of firearms and accessories and so far, good gunsmiths. My only frustration as a member is the sometimes long waits to get checked in and putting non members ahead of members. (Unlike FFA on HB, we are actually welcome and treated with respect. ) Shooters World is a well run establishment.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have been a customer of Shooters World for about a year and really enjoy their facility. They have a state of the art gun range and an outstanding firearms showroom with a large inventory of handguns, rifles, shotguns, ammo, and accessories. Their sales staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. They have a gunsmith available and offer a quick clean service for a very reasonable fee. The facility is very clean and bright. They have a hand wash station right outside the shooting lanes. I've been to a number of different shooting ranges/showrooms in different states and this is by far my favorite. I highly recommend Shooters World to fellow gun enthusiasts.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I took my Concealed Carry class here and felt comfortable from my first visit. I love the range to help my proficiency. There is a quick clean station outside the range that I always use. Having had trigger thumb surgery it's hard to replace my spring and feel confident in letting the staff do the job for me.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've been coming to Shooters World since they opened. The building is large, well stocked, bright, clean. Shooters Wrld is a great place to shop. They have a large inventory and helpful staff. There's a room dedicated to Tactical Weapons and accessories. I hear that they have a dedicated room for high end weapons but I'm afraid that I would spend too much if I checked it out.

On one visit, we were shopping for a handgun for my wife and she has problems with 'fit' due to small hands. The guy on the sales floor was really helpful. He took time to show us everything we wanted to see and had plenty of recommendations.

The ranges are clean and well lit with plenty of fresh air. They even have lanes with reactive targets available. There's a lounge outside the range with a wash station for hands, tables and comfortable chairs. You can buy snacks or take advantage of complementary of coffee and soft drinks.

A gunsmith is available and can even do a quick clean on your handgun after the range ($10).

I'm spoiled now...