“Serves it's purpose” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersGold level
“Serves it's purpose”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Traveled here for summer classes at Nova. The hotel is close, rooms are clean, and coffee is good. The staff at this location is awesome! They are accommodating and certainly helped to make the experience better. I rated this place average because the rooms are just okay. The renovation looks fine, and the rooms are clean. A year before I stayed at the nearby Residence Inn and thought it was better than this property.

The wifi was slow and not good at all.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tiki B
StaybridgeTampa, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your review, and for staying with us while taking Summer classes at Nova which is right next door to us! I appreciate the great comments about the team we have here! I do apologize for the internet service you experienced, and am very happy to say that at the beginning of August we went through a huge internet upgrade. We now have the fastest fiber internet available and 5 times the amount of bandwidth we used to have, so speed of internet is no longer an issue. We also replaced all of our wireless access points with brand new devices and added several additional access points throughout the hotel. I would love for you to stay with us again on you next trip to Tampa, and I am confident that your will have a great experience.

-Melissa Browne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Hobe Sound, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed at the Tallahassee Staybridge on Saturday, August 23, and were so impressed we booked this Staybridge in Tampa the next night for a visit with our daughter who is attending USF.

This Staybridge needs to take lessons from the Tallahassee Staybridge. When we checked in, the gentleman was pleasant, but didn't offer too much information. Didn't ask if we had been there before or really go over much of anything. Kinda like a robot.

They do have the complimentary coffee in the lobby all day/night. I did not see any dog dish full of treats or water like the other Staybridge. Maybe they don't allow pets at this location, not sure.

When we got to the room, it was beautiful like the Tallahassee Staybridge. 2 room suite with full kitchen. Complete with pots, pans, silverware, plates, glasses, etc. Microwave, stove, dish washer, and full size refrigerator.

Comfortable bed, but the pillows were not as soft as the Tallahassee Staybridge. Free coffee, creamers, sugar, tea, but no complimentary popcorn (I was looking forward to).

There were 2 tvs, one in living room area and one in bedroom. Only 1 remote, however, which made it difficult to change channels in the other room.

This hotel seemed loud outside. Woke up a couple of times in the middle of the night by trucks. Also in early morning by lawn mowers, etc.

Breakfast the next morning was nice, however.....the person that was manning the kitchen wasn't there the entire time (over 15 minutes) while I was getting breakfast for my husband and myself to take up to our room. I needed a tray and finally went to the front desk to ask if anyone was there. She came over to the breakfast area and called for the person and she was no where to be found. I asked for a tray and the front desk person looked in some cupboards and went into kitchen (door was wide open the entire time) and grabbed a tray from a wash bucket in the sink. It was dripping wet. She just handed it to me and said "here's one". You could clearly see it was dripping all over the place, but she just walked away. Now I don't know if the tray was clean or not because it was just sitting in the sink. I wiped it down with napkins and made sure non of my food touched it.

Went to get coffee and was excited to see there was 2 huge bottles of flavored creamer. Went to put Hazelnut in the coffee and it was completely empty. Went to put in Vanilla and got about 2 squirts out before it was empty! There was only one other person in the breakfast area when I was down there at 8 so I can't imagine the guests blew through that much creamer in an hour and a half. If the lady from the kitchen was manning her post, I don't think this would have occurred. Then I went to get a soda and there was no ice! Again, if the lady had been there, it wouldn't have been a problem or at least she could have got me some.

The food was good though. Hot eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, danish, bagels, etc. They had fresh pineapple which was a treat. usually don't find this for free breakfast.

Later when checking out,I saw the lady that was suppose to be manning the kitchen earlier. She was the same lady that watched me go into the breakfast area but kept talking to the front desk person and then disappeared for over 15 minutes. Hmmmm....not impressed.

Upon check out, I handed in my keys and the front desk person just said 'thank you'. Didn't ask me how my stay was or anything.

As it seems like all Staybridge Suites have the same type of beautiful rooms, the employees are the ones to make a difference. This Staybridge gets a below average for that! Needs improvement for sure. Could take lessons from the employees at the Tallahassee Staybridge Suites for sure!

We will not be making a reservation at this Staybridge again. It was out of the way, which wasn't a problem in Tallahassee because they were so welcoming. This Staybridge is not worth the hassle.

Room Tip: Unless you are going to an event or something close by, I would book somewhere else.
Green Features: They need some help with their customer service skills.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank gettingcranky
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed the fresh Florida fruit that we have available each morning at breakfast, enjoyed your beautiful room, and the fresh coffee we have in the lobby for our guests throughout the day. As you can see from our past reviews from guests who stayed here, your service experience at our hotel with our team was not up to our standards, and I truly apologize. I will use your comments as a training tool, as feedback like yours is what we use to identify opportunity to improve!

-Melissa Browne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I usually stay at Holiday Inn, I found Staybridge suites to have great room and you can cook also. Makes the stay away from home more comfortable. Angela was very helpful in guiding me to things to do while in Tampa.

Room Tip: King suite
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Burnette F
StaybridgeTampa, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Burnette F,
Thanks for such a terrific review! We appreciate hearing from our long term guests when they enjoy their stay and we couldn't be happier to know that our team members made your time away from home a pleasant experience! Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon!
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here for 5 1/2 months while working in the area. Everything from the Breakfast to the Evening Socials( Tues.- Thurs.) with beer,wine and food was top notch. The Staff was very friendly and Always made a point of saying hello and making sure everything was OK. Rooms, pool and hot tub were very clean and we'll maintained. I was amazed at how Angela knew every guest by name and what they were in the area for. It was great how Angela interacted with the Guests and made our stay more enjoyable. If I am ever in the area again this will be the only place that I would stay.
pbVT

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank pbVT2014
StaybridgeTampa, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear pbVT2014,
Thank you for leaving us this wonderful feedback and such a positive review! It means alot to our team to hear such kind comments from our long term guests and we have shared your review with our staff. We were happy to be your home away from home and hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Tampa!
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Living away from home in an extended stay hotel for 7 months can be a bit overwhelming. However, the friendly & helpful staff, like Angela Singh, at the Staybridge made this a positive experience. Would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank KB1424
Dear KB1424,
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which we have shared with all of our staff. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, despite being away from home for so long. We truly appreciated having you as our guest and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
Westfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I recently spent 100 nights here while in town for work. The staff here truly made this hotel feel like home. The kitchen staff was awesome. Managent promptly took care of any concerns we had, no matter how Minor. Angela was Grrrrrrrrrrrreat!!! Always there to greet us "home" after work and get us anything we needed, thank you Angela

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 47bill
StaybridgeTampa, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear 47bill,
Thank you for being our guest and for leaving us such a great review. We appreciate hearing such positive comments from our extended stay guests and have shared your feedback with our team who strives to make every guest feel at home. Thank you for making our Staybridge Suites Tampa your home away from home, and we hope to see you again in the future!
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff is incredible. Angela is great, very friendly and she alway goes beyond to give us a great service. Cristina the manager, she always take care of our needs very promptly. Rooms are always clean, breakfast is great, I have stayed many nights in this hotel and always have received a great service from them and never had an issue with the reservation, with the cleanness of the room or anything at all.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank lpmcpm
StaybridgeTampa, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Luis P,
Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful feedback, which we have shared with our staff! We truly appreciate your loyalty as a repeat guest and look forward to each time you and your company stays with us! Thank you for your continued patronage and we look forward to seeing you again soon!