“By far the best in Tampa”

Tamarind Indian Cuisine
Ranked #388 of 2,399 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Asian, Indian, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“By far the best in Tampa”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This restaurant, by far, serves the best Indian food I have ever experienced in Tampa. Their lunch time menu is excellent, but arrive early to avoid disappointment (11.30 to 2.45). I have yet to try their main menu, but am saving that opportunity for a special occasion.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank NylonN

Miami, Florida
“great place must visit if you like indian food”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband visited this place three years back and our recent trip to Tampa, he was only talking about having lunch there. restaurant serves veg as well as non veg food. Because our hotel as quite close to this place, we went there for dinner and had ala carte. Next day we again went there for lunch buffet...:).... buffet food was a bit less spicy (Being an Indian I like eating spicy food), but we got it customized for dinner and asked for spicy, and it was amazing. I was eating even my stomach was full. If you like sweet, definitely try 'Rice kheer', it is one of the best I have ever eaten in my whole life.I would definitely recommend this place if you want good indian food. And if you like spicy one, go for alacarte.(Though lunch buffet is a god deal for the price.)

• Visited July 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“Good Food”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

It is very good for food but do not expect better service.. especially on weekend.
I tried their lunch buffet and was not disappoined.. we had to wait here to find place for lunch itself..
desert provided was very good

• Visited April 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Probably The Best Indian Dining Experience I've Had.”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Went to this place after a long time when it was previously Taste of India. I walked in and my jaw dropped. I was completely astonished to see a whole new restaurant, TAMARIND INDIAN CUISINE. To me who look liked the owner greeted us with a very pleasant smile. It was very welcoming. And the food? Let me tell you it was one of my best dining experiences at an Indian Restaurant. Food was absolutely delicious. I really recommend the lamb dishes. The service was on point. The waiters were very keen on what we needed. Made sure our glass of water was always full. AMAZING EXPERIENCE overall! Great job guys! I plan on becoming a regular here.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Dillon A
Brandon, Florida
“Yummy”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

A new restaurant replaces a not so good (or clean) one....and it's all for the good. This new restaurant is clean and bright and the food is astounding; especially the Mango Pudding.
We will be back!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Paula33559

Been to Tamarind Indian Cuisine? Share your experiences!