“Great lunch spot!”

Mangu Latin Cafe
Ranked #407 of 2,637 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Found this place thanks to tripadvisor and had a great lunch. Too bad we got there late and missed out on the oxtail. While we were there the owner had made some dishes that he will be putting on a dinner menu in 2017 when he expands the restaurant. He was having the beautiful dishes photographed and even gave us one after the shoot. Really friendly people and great food. We hope to get back next year to sample the dinner menu.

1  Thank dtraveler29

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

My friend and I decided to come here for lunch on our way back home to Fort Myers. There aren't any Dominican places where we live so we decided to stop here. My friend and I shared a plate of mangu with huevo frito, salami, y queso frito. This was just the start to our meals coming later and it was delicious. I got the Mofongo with Pork on the side and it was heaven. The mofongo was full of flavor. My friend got rice, beans, and oxtail and that was delicious as well. Maria assisted us and she was a pleasure. Such a nice woman and very helpful when it came to choosing what we wanted to eat. I definitely recommend anyone who wants a good Dominican meal to come here. I know we will be back!

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Tried this place for the first time and it was a total win. For $20 we got 1 drink (fresh mango juice) and 2 plates - 1 with 2 eggs, mangu, fried cheese and potatoes and 1 with 2 eggs, mangu, fried cheese and salami. Everything was really good. I will have to go back another day to try their lunch/dinner menu.

1  Thank Mailoha
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Don't let this modest storefront fool you, this place in a warehouse and construction supply area, is a gem. We went in mid-afternoon, and were told by Mr. Robinson, that there wasn't much left to serve us. He offered to make me a chicken dish from scratch. I was glad he did. My guy had the end of the soup-stew with rice and beans. Everything was flavorful, the portions huge. He cooks every Dominican dish with love, as he was taught by his family. You must get there by lunchtime, as he serves until his delicious creations are gone. Then he locks the doors. We will definitely return, when in Tampa.

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

My fiancé is Dominican and we can't find anything from his country in LA. This place is legit and has a great menu with many options. Loved the mangú! And biscocho piña!

Been to Mangu Latin Cafe? Share your experiences!