“Great lunch”

Mangu Latin Cafe
Ranked #407 of 2,637 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

We had a late lunch there with my family today. We were in Tampa Bay for the day and wanted to try something new. We saw the review and decided to take our chance. Best food decision of this holiday. It was deliciouuuuus. Everything was worth it. I suggest you to take their signature dish, the mofongo (plantains with a taste of heaven). You can have it with pork, shrimp, oaxtail or goat. But to be honest, since each of us took different dishes, I had the chance to taste many things and they were all gooood. Besides the owner and the waiters were very nice. Thank you for the great experience!

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

A very small low key restaurant. Great for a lunch break or a low key night out. Authentic Caribbean food and the customer service is above and beyond what you expect. You truly like family when you dine here!

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

I decided to stop based on the overwhelming positive reviews. I was not very experienced with Latin food so I left it up to the chef to make the decision of what to eat. He asked me a couple questions and brought me my order. It was amazing. So good. I had the beef. It was cooked to perfection the peppers were cooked and seasoned perfectly. I took the Dominican cakes home to share. I would recommend mangu to my friends and family. It is small but the tables turn fast.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Found this place thanks to tripadvisor and had a great lunch. Too bad we got there late and missed out on the oxtail. While we were there the owner had made some dishes that he will be putting on a dinner menu in 2017 when he expands the restaurant. He was having the beautiful dishes photographed and even gave us one after the shoot. Really friendly people and great food. We hope to get back next year to sample the dinner menu.

1  Thank dtraveler29
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

My friend and I decided to come here for lunch on our way back home to Fort Myers. There aren't any Dominican places where we live so we decided to stop here. My friend and I shared a plate of mangu with huevo frito, salami, y queso frito. This was just the start to our meals coming later and it was delicious. I got the Mofongo with Pork on the side and it was heaven. The mofongo was full of flavor. My friend got rice, beans, and oxtail and that was delicious as well. Maria assisted us and she was a pleasure. Such a nice woman and very helpful when it came to choosing what we wanted to eat. I definitely recommend anyone who wants a good Dominican meal to come here. I know we will be back!

Been to Mangu Latin Cafe? Share your experiences!