“Posh”

Price range: US$12 - US$27
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe, Fusion, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe Dufrain is an award-winning, family-owned and operated waterfront restaurant. Established in 2003, Cafe Dufrain is known for its unique style, modern American seasonal cuisine, and diverse wine and craft beer selections. The restaurant and educated service team offer a relaxed and comforting dining room, full contemporary bar and package liquor available all while overlooking downtown Tampa’s scenic views. Walking distance from the Tampa Convention Center, Tampa Marriott Waterside, Embassy Suites Downtown and Westin Harbour Island. Pirate Water Taxi stop #4.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This place is very posh and trendy. We definitely didn't dress accordingly and wore workout clothes. The food was good - but a lot of stuff on their menu was spicy.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have dined here many times since moving to the area four years ago, always in hopes that we will learn to like it. It is in a beautiful setting waterside and the atmosphere could be charming. However, the management and waitstaff are always surly and make the diner feel that he is being favored with the service he is entitled to. The food is tasty here, there's no denying that. But three scallops on a spoonful of rice with a nice picture drawn on the (mostly) deserted plate in hardly worth $30. to me. Every time my family of three dines there, the tab is well over $100. Unless we have wine and dessert. On occasion, the hostess has wished us a "good evening" on the way out.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Small bistro-ish right on the river. Service was very good with a knowledgeable staff. Food was first rate, if perhaps a tad on the pricey side. Easy to miss tho if you're not looking for it.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I visited this cafe recently with some collegues for a light lunch recently. Whatever we've tasted was all excellent.... my favourite was the local shrimp tacos and the chicken tenders all served w house made potato chips!

Service was very friendly and helpful too. Really lovely place.

1  Thank Zuccero
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Ate here at a conference with a friend to celebrate her good news. The food was excellent! So good that I walked back over the next day hoping to get lunch and hop on a plane. Knew exactly what new dish I wanted to try. It was a beautiful day and if was so disappointed. They were closed (Sunday).

I would have eaten here everyday had I known about the great the food and service. I had the flank steak which us surrounded by great vegetables. I thought it might be heavy. Just the opposite, it was just right. It was absolutely delish! The dessert was also wonderful! A bread dish, zucchini I believe, that was yummy and clearly enough for 2-4 people to share.

Been to Cafe Dufrain? Share your experiences!