“You Get What You Pay For”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of BEST WESTERN Tampa

BEST WESTERN Tampa
Ranked #51 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Auburn, Alabama
“You Get What You Pay For”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

Overall I think that this is a nice hotel, and certainly one of the better Best Westerns I've ever stayed in. My room was fairly quiet and comfortable, and the staff was really nice. You also can't beat the location of the hotel--super close to Hyde Park and downtown.

My one and only complaint is that as I was peeling my comforter off the bed I noticed massive stains on the underside that looked brown, like dried blood or worse. That didn't really bother me as I've learned over the years never to sleep with the hotel comforter. If you're the kind of person who would be offended enough by something like that to want to switch rooms or hotels, then Best Western is probably not the hotel for you. But if you're like me, and can throw the comforter in the corner and forget it, go ahead--can't beat the location or the price.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank pas1487

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Finnish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2011

This hotel was incredibly good value for money. We hadn't booked the hotel and turned up late in the afternoon to be surprised at what an amazing rate for a room we were able to get. The rooms are nice, clean and spacious. Breakfast was also included in the price. The bed was huge(!) which enabled us to get a good nights sleep after a long day's driving. The hotel also has an outside pool to take a dip in to cool off and relax. The chap on the front desk was helpful and able to recommend a couple of places to go for food and drinks. For the money we paid, I couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Gloucester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

We first stayed at this hotel for two nights and had a pleasant experience. Nice daytime front desk staff, clean, reasonable room, no problems! Upon checking out we reserved for an additional night, since we planned a road trip to Key West and were returning to Tampa ten days later to fly home. We received a confirmation # (my husband asked for it) and also were told we did not need to give a CC#, since everything was on file. We believed it. On our drive back to Tampa from Key West we realized that we would be getting in at about 10 pm, so we called from the road to notify the hotel of our late arrival. Best decision ever, because there was no room reserved for us and we were told the hotel was full. After much discussion and citing our conf. #, the clerk assured us he would call back with a solution. He did not, but we did. No solution yet, he would call back. Again, no call, so we called for the third time. Now he had a room, same price as the one we reserved, with jaccuzzi. Great, we were pleased, gave our CC info over the phone for payment and got a new confirmation #. Arrived at the hotel, rude clerk, very unprofessional, not the one we dealt with on the phone, although it is a tiny reception area and there is NO WAY this guy did not overhear his collegue's conversation with us. "Hotel is full". Yes, but we just called less than an hour ago and paid for a room with jaccuzzi, here is the conf. #. No clue, no room. I asked him to please call the other employee for assistance. No, he was told not to call and would not call until the morning. Having just come off the road after driving for 10 hours, my husband and I insisted that he call NOW. He said he would only call if people were nice to him. EXCUSE ME??? He finally called and left a message for somebody in Spanish. No call back. Well after midnight and following my threat that I would notify the police since we paid for a room we are not getting, he somehow found the reserved room, no apology, no explanation. Terrible end to our otherwise great honeymoon, we would not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Hexy
Birmingham, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2010

I stayed at this hotel many years ago and remembered it as a good value overall. It is a very good location but the hotel is run down, the room was drab and dreary. I chose it also because the price was right. But next time I will pay the added price to stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank jmdskyline
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

Though I stayed only for two days when I was on my business trip to Tampa , this Tampa hotel was a good bargain for money and service quality was good. I may not stay here for family vacation but yes, I will not hesitate to stay here for my business trips to Tampa.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Iselin, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

This past August I had the pleasure of staying at the Best Western while visiting Tamp and helping my daughter get settled in her dorm. What a wonderful hotel. The employees couldn't be more helpful. The room was spotless! The hotel is conviently located to USF and Bush Gardens. It is right off of Fowler Ave. so there are plenty of restaurants, fast food, convience stores, gas stations and pharmacies. I would definatly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

I was traveling there on business. The staff was nice and pleasant. The rooms could use some updates and the pool. But I did feel safe a secure. I did not have any problems but another guest did and they were quick to respond and make it right. The breakfast was nice and the breakfast room was clean and stocked. The staffs checked to ensure the guest needs were met. If you are on a budget this is a nice hotel to stay at. It may not have the biggest and best of everything but the staff make up for that.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business