“Good Hotel, slippery shower”

Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Near Busch Gardens
Ranked #90 of 163 Hotels in Tampa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Well I must start off by saying that the Manager has been very kind on all fronts as well as the staff. I booked this hotel for a wedding I was attending so I was only there for 1 night but I asked for a non-smoking room and got smoking and there were burn marks all over the counters. That was a bit discouraging especially since I do not smoke. Then when I was putting my clothes up I found left over clothes from someone else in the room. When I brought it to the staffs attention they were all about getting me squared away no if and or buts. The actual grounds are nice the pool area is HUGE and theres a bottom tiki bar as well for the adults. I was informed that the hotel had just changed owners and that they had just started the renovation which is why my nonsmoking was an old smoking room.

Even though the housekeeping didn't think to look in the closet the suit was more than I expected and the service was stellar!

Room Tip: would be great for Bush Gardens
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a few times - it's a nice place to stay and close to Busch Gardens. The staff is polite and helpful, my room was clean and very large. I would definitely recommend to friends/family - it's affordable, clean, has a great bar, nothing but good to say :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Ocala, FL
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel a few years ago and it wasn't very nice. We booked this thru bookit and didn't realize it was same hotel and were pleasantly surprised at how nicely redone the rooms were. King beds in suite were VERY comfy, the bathrooms all new tubs w/nice granite and the staff, pool, activities, were perfect. Ladies in breakfast room were extremely nice and helpful. PERFECT place to stay and a great bargain!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my brother and my boyfriend. The hotel met all of our needs and was clean. We were lucky enough to get an early check in. I stayed here because I interviewed the hotels GM for class and I had a trip to busch gardens planned. We were at the hotel for 5 nights and used the shuttle every day to go to the park and on the last day we checked out and took the shuttle to the park we were able to leave our car on proptery and the shuttle picked us up at 9pm. The maintenance guys are the best and super friendly( they drive the shuttle) ). The complimentary breakfast was good and the rooms were big!! will definitely be staying here again!!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends