“Dont stay HERE!!”

Ranked #90 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Kewaskum, Wisconsin
“Dont stay HERE!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I used points to get my stay at this hotel-so I was pretty much stuck with it. Got in late at the airport-very tired-couldn't get my points back-so I stayed anyway. The carpet was so dirty that I never walked on it barefoot-or in my socks! The sofa was dirty-had black greasy dirt on the arms of it. The sheets were clean-and so was the bathroom-but that's it-the place needs updating and basic cleaning bad! When I went down to the breakfast room-the windows were all dirty-kids fingerprints everywhere-had NOT been cleaned in a very long time! There is NO excuse you can give me for basic cleanliness-if the carpet is old-have it professionally cleaned. The bedspreads looked 20 years old-yuck!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had a very good experience. Erika, in the front office, was so accommodating in giving us directions. We had trouble with the room safe, and it was taken care of immediately. We were close to Ybor City restaurants, USF Campus (graduations), and many types of food places.
The suites are great because they have a sink, fridge, microwave, coffee maker.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Near the elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was hands down the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at. Please DO NOT come here.

Let me start off with the room when we walked. I stayed here with my family for 1 week. When we walked in there was this horrible sewage/death smell, after a day or two we realized that it was coming from the sink. The smell was incredibly putrid and made me sick to be around. We told the maid and she said she would get a maintenance guy on it and no one ever came to the room. We told the hotel about this 3 times and each time they would act concerned but no one would do anything about it. Moving right along. The bedroom had toenail clippings on the floor, which were NOT from us. The comforters had dried brown stains on them and the wifi did not work.

The 7 nights we stayed there a housekeeper only came in once to clean after we complained that no one has come in 5 days. We had to chase someone down to get our trash and give us toilet paper and to change our comforters. (The new ones also had stains). To top it all off one day we came back to the hotel after being away for 7 hours and our room was OPEN. We immediately called the manager and she gave us a whole dialogue about how this was not acceptable and how she would reprimand the housekeeper and how she would immediately write up a complaint. When I went down the next morning to see what had been worked on, no complaint was ever filed, there wasn't even so much as a note on the file of what happened. I demanded we get some compensation back and we ended up getting just 2 nights back.

We called and complained about the room and the hotel services numerous times and only got 1 person to come to our room. We even called about the wifi and they said they would be sending someone and no one ever showed up.

On top of that the guests did not make me and my family feel comfortable. Every time my sisters and I would go out we would get strange guys hitting on us and asking if we could talk. We couldn't even go down to the pool area (which seemed nice from a far) because the same family occupied the pool and bar area every night playing loud music and dancing around like it was their own personal club.

All in all this place was absolutely grotesque and its employees and managers were rude and unprofessional. I will never ever be coming back and I will make sure no one I know comes back either.

Room Tip: Do not come here.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Payal12014
Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We checked in on Friday evening and checked out on Sunday morning.
All of the employees were very nice and helpful. The room was clean and it looks as though they are renovating the property. There were only a couple of items that I had issues with. The first was the pull out bed, which was very uncomfortable. I was travelling with my daughter and her friend and thank goodness I had a king size bed, because they both ended up sleeping in it with me. The only other thing was that there were some stains on the comforter, although the bed was very, very comfortable. Other than that, the cost of the room was great and the hotel's proximity to Busch Gardens was fantastic. I didn't find out until we were checking out that there was shuttle service to and from the park and that it was an on-call service that runs until 11 pm. What a wonderful convenience! I will definitely be staying here again the next time we head over to Tampa.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family