My first impression of this place was that it looked promising. My family and I checked in at night and the lady at the front desk was very amicable and welcoming. The hotel seemed safe, because to enter there was a safety door and then our normal room door which was opened by a key. Then once we entered, my perception changed. First of all the elevator seemed as if it would break down and when the door opened when we got to the second floor (where our room was) the elevator was still moving a little bit. Then as we were trying to find our room there was a sketchy guest that just sat in the middle of the hallway at like 10pm just watching people. He was still there the next morning. When we entered our room it appeared very nice and clean. We went to sleep on the most uncomfortable beds that we have ever experienced. We were in a room that had a door connected to another room for people traveling that needed multiple rooms. My family was all in one room and the joining door in our hotel room looked broken. It was locked and closed but the door itself was protruding out of the door frame and because of this the bolt would not close all the way.
Then we started noticing this absolutely disgusting smell emitting from the sink that smelled as if something died in the pipes or like a sewage smell.
No one came to clean the room until our 5th day of stay (our stay was for 7 days). We found nail clippings in the corner of the room next to the bed that were not from anyone in our family. The comforters had stains on them which we noticed the 2nd night of our stay. They looked redish brown, and I'm not saying for sure but it looked like a blood stain. So we called the front desk and they made us go to the front desk to get a new comforter, which is absolutely crazy, and on top of that they didn't have one there so the lady at the front desk gave is sheets. so we had to sleep on sheets for that night. We called again asking for comforters the next night and finally someone brought some up for us. But big surprise, they had stains on them too! Finally on the 5th day my sister called the front desk in the morning saying no one had come to clean our room during our entire stay and we were hoping that by the time we get back from our plans for the day that someone would have cleaned our rooms for us. They assured us they were sending someone immediately to clean our room. So when we get back what a shock to see that still no one had come to clean our room. Immediately my sister called the front desk and complained. Finally someone came and cleaned our room giving excuses as to why she hadn't come yet. So she, while cleaning our room, noticed that disgusting smell coming from the sink and said she would notify her supervisor. Of course no one came. Some day before we had already called the front desk complaining about this smell and they said maintenance would stop by our room but no one did.
One day, I believe the fourth day of our stay, we came back after 6 or 7 hours out of the room to our room door being open with the bolt being in position between the door frame and the door like the house keepers leave it while cleaning. Our room was not cleaned. But we found a note on the desk saying due to things on your bed we couldn't make the bed. The front desk lady, her name was Erika, came to our room and gave us a huge rant about how unacceptable this was and how she was going to file a complaint/report and she knows exactly who did this. She took the note that was left on the table and left. The next morning my sister went to check I anything was done and nothing was filed. There was no complaint and eventually we ended up getting only a 2 day refund.
This incident was probably the worst of our stay. Some other things that went wrong were that the wifi did not work, we had to hunt down someone for toilet paper and towels, the employees of this place were lazy, inconsistent, and liars. But they would be nice to your face. The keys randomly stopped working twice. And the pool area looked nice but the same group of people would always occupy the space and dance around. Creepy men would stare at my sister, my mom and I and hit on us.
When people are on vacation they expect complete relaxation but staying in this atrocious hotel made this vacation so stressful and honestly scary. It was disgusting, hated everything about it so much so that I took the time to post this long review. I will make sure that I will never go back there and that no one I know will ever stay in such an atrocious hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa near Busch Gardens. We are conveniently located only minutes from I275, the University of South Florida, James A. Haley Veterans Hospital and of course, Busch Gardens. Our all-suite hotel features a complimentary continental breakfast daily, free high speed internet, complimentary shuttle service to Busch Gardens, USF and Veterans Hospital, outdoor heated pool, activity deck with pool tables and table tennis, guest laundry service, large vehicle parking and so much more. We are located in the heart of it all. Book on line today or call us for personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Near Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn And Suites Tampa Near Busch Gardens/Usf Hotel Tampa
- Best Western Hotel Tampa
- Best Western Tampa
- Tampa Best Western
- Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Near Busch Gardens Florida