“Very Nice - I will be back again.”

Acropolis Greek Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Acropolis Greek Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #157 of 2,435 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Acropolis Greek Taverna serves New Tampa and the University of South Florida area. It features a full bar, casual "tavern-style" dining and entertainment. This location hosts entertainment including bouzouki and belly dancing on the weekends.
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I'm not form the area, and I was driving around to see what I could find, for lunch. So happy I stopped. The place is clean and modern. The staff is friendly and professional. I ordered the Gyro platter and was surprised at the large size, I asked for a to go box. I will allow myself time to come back during my next trip to Tampa.

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

I go to this place alot, haven't been in forever. I went for dinner the other night with a friend. We had the half off apps and 241 drinks. Everything was fabulous like usuall. Marco was our server he was great like always! Just great food, great drinks, awesome service. The atmosphere is very fun, music is great. Love this place, and there gyro platter is to die for! A little bit of salad little bit of fries and a ton of the shaved meat with pita, absolutely delicious!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Awesome Greek food!! Always leave happy!The gyros are spot-on and the greek salads are authentic.Try the whipped feta spread.....delicious!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Loved the panned chicken with artichokes. Good Gyro here too. The tsatsiki sauce was also first rate. Our grilled octopus was foul and should not have left the kitchen. Overall food was good and well presented. I felt the live music was a nice touch but it was def loud. The napkin throwing to symbolize the Greek plate breaking tradition I felt was sophomoric, as was the waiters dancing around on que.

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We loved this place went here twice once for lunch and again for dinner! Dinner was a blast belly dancing, napkin throwing, and great live music! You can't beat the food so delicious !