“New For us!”

Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Featuring a full list a Signature Coffees, Beignets and only the most authentic New Orleans fare. Enjoy a French Quarter atmosphere and have a Po-boy Sandwich or Crawfish Etouffee or pick up some Red Beans and Rice, Gumbo or Jambalaya all ready to heat and eat. Second Line Café (aka NOLA Cafe) welcomes you to experience some of the true flavors and feel of New Orleans.My deep “Southern Hospitality” culture comes from growing up in one of the most unique places in the world, New Orleans. Rich in all it has to offer, from it’s food, music and values of family & neighborhood, to a dialect all it’s own ~ “Where Y’at?,” “How’s ya mom and ’em.” My desire is to bring you a bit of the spirit and authentic tastes of New Orleans. I use only the freshest ingredients to create the addicting flavors of this unique food that can’t be found anywhere else in the world! Once your palate has experienced these flavors, you will know - there is no substitute!
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Bignets!! Delicious breakfast sandwiches and very,very, hot coffee!

Reviewed 17 September 2011

My son took me here for lunch while I was visiting one weekend. We keep talking about getting back to New Orleans, but have not made it yet. It was nice to find a little piece of the city so close to his home.

The Jambalaya was good, but not great (mine's better), the etouffee was excellent (just the right amount of heat) and the red beans and rice were the best I've had outside Louisiana.

The service was good, not great, the 'what's the rush, friend?" I would expect in New Orleans. In fact the atmosphere in the place was just what I would expect to find in a little cafe (away from the touristy French Quarter) I might find in NOLA. There was only one server on duty, it was a pretty slow day, and she did a great job of making sure everyone was taken care of. If we needed anything, she was right there.

This is not the quick in, quick out kind of place, but a more relaxing, take your time kind of cafe. Again, it's a cafe, not a big restaurant or a fast food place. Your expectations should match the venue.

My son intends to visit often for the flavored coffees. I'll be back for some more red beans and rice (now that's some goood eatin').

1  Thank PhotoBob79
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Authentic New Orleans food. We had alligator burgers and beignets. Excellent.

1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I took some clients to Nola Cafe for dinner after work. We had the seafood gumbo and the red beans and rice. It was really good. The service was decent. The place was clean. The atmosphere has the New Orleans charm; laid back and relaxing. Had some excellent coffee and those beignes that were mouth-watering. I will be coming back Saturday with the kids for more.

1  Thank Nathan H
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Very good authentic New Orleans style food. The seafood gumbo and the red beans and rice were delicious. We had good service. The beignets were the best! The prices were fair. The place doesn't have a lot of atmosphere, but the food definitely makes up for it. The owner, Louis, stopped at our table to make sure that everything was going well. We will be back.

2  Thank Allycat2011