“Coffee and Beignet's Only”
Review of Second Line Cafe - CLOSED

Second Line Cafe
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Featuring a full list a Signature Coffees, Beignets and only the most authentic New Orleans fare. Enjoy a French Quarter atmosphere and have a Po-boy Sandwich or Crawfish Etouffee or pick up some Red Beans and Rice, Gumbo or Jambalaya all ready to heat and eat. Second Line Café (aka NOLA Cafe) welcomes you to experience some of the true flavors and feel of New Orleans.My deep “Southern Hospitality” culture comes from growing up in one of the most unique places in the world, New Orleans. Rich in all it has to offer, from it’s food, music and values of family & neighborhood, to a dialect all it’s own ~ “Where Y’at?,” “How’s ya mom and ’em.” My desire is to bring you a bit of the spirit and authentic tastes of New Orleans. I use only the freshest ingredients to create the addicting flavors of this unique food that can’t be found anywhere else in the world! Once your palate has experienced these flavors, you will know - there is no substitute!
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I've not only been going to New Orleans for over 30 yrs. but had a dear friend and her family that are deeply rooted in the culture and know how to cook! I've also had the pleasure of experiencing some amazing places to eat. Please don't let this restaurant represent LA food! I had the gumbo and shrimp po-boy and was really disappointed in the taste and price. The gumbo tasted like Campbell's soup mixed with a TON of rice and 2 shrimp. The po boy had 3 shrimp and was not "dressed" the way it should have been. My boyfriend had the red beans and rice that were disgraceful. On the bright side the owner was very attentive and made sure we didn't leave without having an order of beignet's (on the house) which knocked it right out of the park!!! DELISH!!! In a nut shell the only thing I would go back for is coffee and beignet's.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

One of the best legacies the French left behind in New Orleans or anywhere for that matter is their little doughnut hole deep fried pastry known as a beignet (ben-yeh). Stop here anytime for coffee and Nola's version of the beignet and I think you will be delighted. Their other food is good and the prep and service are very good but without the little French doughnut holes, we would rate them average.

1  Thank dlsmissionary
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I've never been to LA so I can't compare this to the real thing, however It's super good. I've tried a few things, the po' boy is very good, the breakfest sandwichs are awesome too. I guess the only bad thing is the bowls are a little small, I want more of the goodness!

1  Thank SrirachaBear
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Wonderful eating experience, a private room for dinner with colleagues - and a unique ethnic experience.

1  Thank Charles B
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We walked across the street to this little cafe one morning craving coffee and a little something sweet. The coffee was delicious and the beignets were amazing! Very hot, very fresh and very much covered in powdered sugar. The cafe was decorated with different coffees and beignet mixes for purchase, it was a very cozy atmosphere we will definitely be visiting again.