Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport
SailportSuites.com
US$174
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$185
US$167
US$160
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsbrick housefacing the courtyardfront deskthe pool looked nicestarbucks coffeeworked greatconference roomwould stay againcomfortable bedsparking lotnice roomflat screenmini fridgean upgraderaymond james stadiumbusiness centershuttle service
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My mom and I were going to take a cruise from here, so we came into town a day early and did an app search of a hotel nearby that we could stay in. We found this Courtyard ranked pretty good, so we decided to give it a go. Let's just say I really enjoyed this place.

We came in and were talking with lady checking us in. My mom had forgotten her AARP card but mentioned it and we were given the discount. Very cool. We also mentioned while talking that we were going to go on a cruise the next day. They offer a shuttle service from here. $20 per person round trip. You just need to keep a hold of the ticket you are given so when you get back in you'll have no problem riding the shuttle back. They allow you to keep your car on their property with a tag stating day you will come back so there are no issues of your car staying here. They also had someone patrolling the grounds quite often on a golf cart which was reassuring. So instead of paying $14 or whatever it is a day at the port, if you plan on staying the night before, this place is great. Pay your night, and then save on parking. Yeah, paying for a shuttle takes away a bit of savings but you still save. Also saves you the trouble of having to get out of a parking garage with a bunch of other people getting off ship too. We were far enough away from that that we got to the hotel and were able to go back home quickly. Very awesome and would recommend this for anyone taking a cruise out of Tampa. Not having to worry about finding the port and all. Especially great if you're out longer than the 5 day cruise we were on.

The room itself was very comfortable. Two very large beds with lots of pillows. Free wifi which was great. (If you wanted to do anything major like watch YouTube videos or anything imagine you'd have to upgrade to the paid version, going by their descriptions I saw.) But for just chatting and reading the news and all it was great. Bathroom was spacious and really nice.

Restaurant they have downstairs is okay. It's pretty limited, if you're expecting a more robust one like we were initially, but I really enjoyed their wraps.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MukuSix
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Wow- I can't thank you enough for the great review of our hotel and our team! I am so happy that you got to experience just about everything, including the shuttle package we have to the Cruiseport. I hop you had the opportunity to check out our own great pool and Courtyard area to relax and get you in the tropical mode before heading out on the cruise!

Please come back to stay with us again!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel provided me a great stay. The rennovations were completed and room, hallways and public spaces were immaculate. The staff was courteous and helpful. They have a great Bistro providing excellent meals and a Starbucks. Good location with access to I-275 and stadium, along with other entertainment venues. Nice shaded courtyard and pool. Recommend

Room Tip: Get a room above the 1st floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our great new rooms! I am so grateful for the very kind words ayou have about my team, and I am glad you enjoyed the great new items on our Bistro and Starbucks menus!

Please come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I just spent one night here, and as the previous reviewer stated, they are under renovation, but luckily it wasn't noticeable for me except for the lack of the far elevator. There was no noise disturbance. I did request a quiet room.

The upgrades were nice, such as the hallways & rooms had new paint, but you could still detect a few things that would be harder to upgrade, such as the way the doors shut so loudly and the toilets also are loud.

I like that there are refrigerators in the room, and our room had an especially nice view of the pool area/nicely landscaped courtyard. Plus a cute balcony facing the courtyard.

The front desk people were very helpful, and my boyfriend was able to get their free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Also they gave me good directions to Whole Foods which is nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

I really appreciate you staying with us through our renovation and thank you for your understanding about the elevator used during the redo. I am glad you enjoyed the new upgrades to our rooms and corridors, and know that I have taken note of your concerns with the doors and toilets,so that we can make your entire stay enjoyable. I am so happy you had the opportunity to enjoy our Courtyard and pool area. It is really our own little tropical paradise!

Thank you again for staying with us and please come back!

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Note: This facility is under heavy remodeling and one elevator is out of order and the workout facility is also closed.

Stayed here for an early morning flight out. Very nice facility that is being upgraded. The remodeled parts of the hotel are excellent and very inviting. The remodeled room we stayed in had excellent bedding and pillows. The staff are exceptional and the stay in general was great. Not the most runner friendly area for longer runs if you want exercise. Nearby Marriott offers a workout facility while this one is closed. Lots of food and drink nearby and within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for remodeled room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gr8webguy
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thank you for your great feedback about our hotel! I am so happy that you like our location and our newly renovated rooms. And I am thrilled about the comments about my team! We have also upgraded all of our rooms with brand new air conditioning units, which as you know in Florida is crucial. I do apologize that this phase of the renovation included the areas of our exercise room and our 2nd elevator, causing us to close them while they are completed. We did arrange for complimentary use of the brand new L.A Fitness facility close to our hotel, and our shuttle will be happy to take you and bring you back after your work-out. Thank you again for staying with us, and I hope you will come back again very soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

As Marriott Rewards members, we stayed here one night on our way back from Lakeland, wanting a hotel close to the Tampa airport for our next-day flight. Self-parking was free and ample. At check-in, I was surprised by how modern the lobby was. There were no issues with our reservation or billing. The room was a standard Courtyard layout, nothing surprising or unusual. As in virtually all Courtyards, the AC had a hard time finding its way around the wall partition into the stuffy bathroom area, and my aging knees longed for a comfort-height toilet. Following an afternoon meal at the Columbia in Ybor City, my wife and I ventured down to the Courtyard restaurant for an evening snack. Both coming down with colds, we were hoping for some chicken noodle soup--or at least something broth-like--but had to settle for a heavy and creamy potato soup, along with splitting a tuna salad sandwich. The lady that waited on us was very nice. While eating, however, a piercing fire alarm went off several times, and the fire department actually made an appearance in the lobby. Nobody ever bothered to explain what was happening, and so we went to bed hoping we'd live to see another morning. Our room was located right next to a cleaning supplies storage room and right across the hall from an ice machine, which turned out to be a rather noisy location--including having someone who looked like a manager and a guard carrying on an early-morning conversation right outside our door. Oh, well, we found an iHop for breakfast a few blocks south of the hotel, along with a Barnes & Noble to cheer up my wife, and the airport was only a short drive away--which was our main objective.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 600AndyB

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the feedback on your most recent visit. I do apologize about the fire alarm going off and the staff not informing you of the all clear. I have already addressed this with my team, because as you mentioned it can be somewhat unsettling to not know everything is OK. I am also very excited to let you know that we are almost finished with our rooms renovation -that included all brand new bedding and air conditioning units! Please come back and visit us on your next trip to Tampa.