“Servicable”

Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport
Ranked #67 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 23 September 2013

When ever I walk into a Marriott property, the first question I ask myself..."Would JW Marriot stay here?" The answer, quite frankly, is no.

I last stayed at this facility in 2005. The common areas have been upgraded with new carpet & paint. The rooms are another story. Your first impression upon entering the room is the smell of a fruity air freshner/disinfectant. If you travel, you know of what I speak. The in-room carpet was worn and the linens were average quality, at best. It's a busy facility, given its' location. I 275 & Dale Mabey Blvd. Close to Raymond James Stadium and an excellent BrickHouse Tavern right next door. And within stumbling distance of a few gentlemen's clubs, if you're so inclined.
Though the exterior and common areas have been upgraded and are well kept, the rooms need work. The carpets are worn. The room did contain a refrigerator, an iron/ironing board, blow dryer and nice size HDTV. The bedding was clean & comfortable. There was a huge paint chip in the tub. Classy. The facility does have a nice pool and a Starbucks Bistro & Bar directly off the lobby.
If you're looking for a place to "crash" after an event at RayJay, or a convenient facility to the Tampa Airport, you're golden. Just don't expect JW to be in the next door room.

Room Tip: Request a first floor room. Easy access to the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. I appreciate the information you have provided so that we can continue to improve and I am happy that you enjoyed our pool and courtyard area as well as our Starbucks. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This was my first stay at a Courtyard by Marriott hotel and if they are all of this high standard then it will not be my last.
The room was quiet, very clean and comfortable and It had free wi fi, a bonus when you are travelling and want to keep in touch.
Any questions or problems, there were none, were dealt with immediately by Jeff the manager.
The cooked breakfast of eggs, bacon, country fries and toast was served hot and was adequate.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

I am so glad that you enjoyed your first experience at a Courtyard and it was with us! I want to thank you for the great feedback about our hotel and staff, especially Jeff. I will definitely be sure to share your comments with him. Thank you again for staying with us, and please come back to visit us again!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

The hotel overall was very good, updated, new carpet, very clean, my suite had all the equipment, 2 TV, refrigerator, and coffee maker, is a shame that when you ask for 2 bags of coffee, is not delivered, with out explanation, and the lady with the radio at the front desk says is going to be there in a few minutes, but that was not true, and this one was supposed to be included.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Israel P
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I amso happy that you enjoyed the hotel and our new rooms. I do apologize that we had a swrvice shortfall in regards to the coffee for your room. I assure you that I have addressed this with my team so that it will not hapen again. I truly appreciate your feedback and home you visit us again soon,

Bev

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I stayed here alone and felt very safe. It it relatively close to the airport - about 10 minutes and a pretty easy drive to there. It's close to a lot of dining and shopping. They had a nice package that included breakfast that you order from their Bistro and the food was pretty good. It was nice and clean throughout.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

I know as a female traveler myself it can be somewhat unnerving when travelling alone, but I am so glad that you felt at home and comfortable at our hotel and with my team, because that is why we are here! We want to be your home away from home. I am so glad you took advantage of our Breakfast package on your recent stay with us, it really is a a great deal.

I hope you come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We left from the port of Tampa on carnival paradise and stayed at this hotel because we are Marriott reward members &they offered a cruise & park package which is the only way to go if you drive in. The hotel was very nice in a great location close to dining & shopping. It was very clean with a super friendly staff. James finch the front desk manager was awesome! He was incredibly helpful and very friendly. I would definitely stay here again if I'm back in the Tampa area for a cruise. They had everything ready and all of our arrangements made & waiting when we arrived.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the great review! Our "Park & Cruise" package is pretty new package that we were so excited to get started and we are so happy that you had the opportunity to take advantage of it. It really is a benefit for those flying in - but still need transportation to the Port, and those driving in, but don't want to pay the fees for parking at the Port, plus as you mentioned we are close to shopping and restaurants too!

I thank you again for staying with us and hope you had a terrific cruise!

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

We were very pleasantly surprised with our stay here. Our hotel room is clean and comfortable . I love that this hotel is smoke free . The courtyard areas are landscaped beautifully . Upon check in we were made to feel welcomed and safe(introduced to the security guard on duty). Safety is priority one for my family which is why we opted to stay here during our weekend at Busch Gardens. Lots of restaurants close by too!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your great review of our hotel and our team! I am so happy your enjoyed your stay and the experiences with my team. My staff is committed to providing excellent customer service and I am very proud them! I am happy that liked our landscaped Courtyard area, it really is a realxing area, and I hope you had a lot of fun at Busch Gardens!

Looking forward to have you back again!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

My mom and I were going to take a cruise from here, so we came into town a day early and did an app search of a hotel nearby that we could stay in. We found this Courtyard ranked pretty good, so we decided to give it a go. Let's just say I really enjoyed this place.

We came in and were talking with lady checking us in. My mom had forgotten her AARP card but mentioned it and we were given the discount. Very cool. We also mentioned while talking that we were going to go on a cruise the next day. They offer a shuttle service from here. $20 per person round trip. You just need to keep a hold of the ticket you are given so when you get back in you'll have no problem riding the shuttle back. They allow you to keep your car on their property with a tag stating day you will come back so there are no issues of your car staying here. They also had someone patrolling the grounds quite often on a golf cart which was reassuring. So instead of paying $14 or whatever it is a day at the port, if you plan on staying the night before, this place is great. Pay your night, and then save on parking. Yeah, paying for a shuttle takes away a bit of savings but you still save. Also saves you the trouble of having to get out of a parking garage with a bunch of other people getting off ship too. We were far enough away from that that we got to the hotel and were able to go back home quickly. Very awesome and would recommend this for anyone taking a cruise out of Tampa. Not having to worry about finding the port and all. Especially great if you're out longer than the 5 day cruise we were on.

The room itself was very comfortable. Two very large beds with lots of pillows. Free wifi which was great. (If you wanted to do anything major like watch YouTube videos or anything imagine you'd have to upgrade to the paid version, going by their descriptions I saw.) But for just chatting and reading the news and all it was great. Bathroom was spacious and really nice.

Restaurant they have downstairs is okay. It's pretty limited, if you're expecting a more robust one like we were initially, but I really enjoyed their wraps.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MukuSix

Wow- I can't thank you enough for the great review of our hotel and our team! I am so happy that you got to experience just about everything, including the shuttle package we have to the Cruiseport. I hop you had the opportunity to check out our own great pool and Courtyard area to relax and get you in the tropical mode before heading out on the cruise!

Please come back to stay with us again!