“Best time ever”

Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport
Ranked #65 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Is the Perfect place! near to shops and malls, wonderful service and friendly staff. Comforting surroundings and a very clean room. The beds pillows blankets all great. The food is good at the Bistro.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you for the great feedback on your recent visit. I am so happy that you enjoyed our hotel. I will definitely share your warm comments about my staff with them. Please come back to visit again soon!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I recently stayed here on a business trip. The hotel is close to the airport and free shuttle service is offered. I was working on West Kennedy Blvd., close enough to the hotel that the shuttle was able to drop me off and pick me up each day. Rooms were clean and comfortable and staff were friendly A variety of breakfast and dinner options are available in the Bistro. You can grab a bite to eat or simply get a cup of coffee and find a comfortable place to check email. Overall, this was a pleasant stay and a good option for business travelers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Shen_Valley_3
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you so much for your positive comments about your recent visit to our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our shuttle was able to get you to and from your work close by. Please come back to visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Great rooms. Had to upgrade and did it with no problem Beautiful hotel and friendly service. Felt very safe and great restaurants very close to hotel. Great happy hours with great prices surprised us! Would stay again. very close to airport .Great experience and the pool area very clean and pleasant

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel on your recent visit to Tampa! I will definitely share your kind words with my entire team. Please come back to visit us again.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed here on October 4th 2013. We went to visit my daughter for family weekend at University of Tampa. It was an overnight til we went to WDW. The hotel was very clean. Check in was painless. Plenty of parking and it seemed pretty busy when we got there at night after dinner. The beds pillows blankets all spotless and very comfortable. Good amount of channels on tv. Bathroom normal size with vanity outside of it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank zazuHicksville

Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff and our hotel. We strive very hard to ensure our guests have a great experience with us no matter what the reason for the trip. I hope you had a great visit with your daughter at the University of Tampa and will come back to visit again soon!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed here one night after a late flight into Tampa. There were several pros and cons -

First, the good! Our room was actually very quiet. When we walked in, the very first thing I noticed was that we looked directly at the highway (on ground floor), but I was incredibly impressed that we could not hear the cars at all! One of the best soundproofed rooms I have stayed in! My husband did say he woke up to drunk people in the hallway during the night, but I never noticed them or any doors slamming. The room was newly renovated, and although small, it was clean and comfortable (mostly). The woman who checked us in at about 10:45 pm was also very friendly. Lobby has been renovated.

The bad - The website advertises a free shuttle to and from the airport. Firstly, this hotel was about a 15-20 minute drive from the airport, so I am not sure why it has "airport" in the title as there were several hotels much closer. Since our flight had been delayed, we didn't arrive until about 10:30 at night. Upon picking us up, our shuttle driver told us that we were lucky we got in when we did, because after this he was going home and we would have been out of luck. Not only did I feel that was a little unprofessional, but nowhere on the website says anything about a limited shuttle. Additionally when we called the desk to arrange the shuttle, the woman on the phone seemed quite irritated for no apparent reason (different woman than the one of checked us in!).

While the sleeping/sink area of the room was nicely renovated, the actual bathroom has not been. There was leftover used soap in the tub from the people before us, and the shower grout was moldy. Aside from that, the water was hot and the water pressure good.

For the money, this was an ok hotel room and I would stay again if I had to, however I would certainly search for something closer to the airport next time!

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room facing the highway - very quiet!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the feedback, both good and bad, regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It really provides me the opportunity to re-enforce the positive and correct our shortfalls. I apologize that our shuttle hours are not clear on our website and the driver's response was inappropriate. I will follow up on that as well as the housekeeping issue in the bathroom. I also want to thank you for the positive words for your room and the associate that checked you in. I will definitely use these as training opportunities.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Safe, clean, spacious room & comfortable over night stay. The security guard on duty very attentive. The pool & outdoor patio very nice & inviting. Was given a goody bag upon checkin which was an unexpected friendly touch. Very pleasant overnight stay. Would stay again when visiting Tampa.

• Stayed: August 2013
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you for the warm comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I will definitely share your comments with my staff as they are always happy to hear from our guests. Please come back to visit us again on your next trip to Tampa!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

When ever I walk into a Marriott property, the first question I ask myself..."Would JW Marriot stay here?" The answer, quite frankly, is no.

I last stayed at this facility in 2005. The common areas have been upgraded with new carpet & paint. The rooms are another story. Your first impression upon entering the room is the smell of a fruity air freshner/disinfectant. If you travel, you know of what I speak. The in-room carpet was worn and the linens were average quality, at best. It's a busy facility, given its' location. I 275 & Dale Mabey Blvd. Close to Raymond James Stadium and an excellent BrickHouse Tavern right next door. And within stumbling distance of a few gentlemen's clubs, if you're so inclined.
Though the exterior and common areas have been upgraded and are well kept, the rooms need work. The carpets are worn. The room did contain a refrigerator, an iron/ironing board, blow dryer and nice size HDTV. The bedding was clean & comfortable. There was a huge paint chip in the tub. Classy. The facility does have a nice pool and a Starbucks Bistro & Bar directly off the lobby.
If you're looking for a place to "crash" after an event at RayJay, or a convenient facility to the Tampa Airport, you're golden. Just don't expect JW to be in the next door room.

Room Tip: Request a first floor room. Easy access to the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. I appreciate the information you have provided so that we can continue to improve and I am happy that you enjoyed our pool and courtyard area as well as our Starbucks. Thank you for staying with us.