“Excellent Service”

Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport
Ranked #66 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have stayed in Marriott hotels over 850 times. The service supplied to me from Josh, Allison and Ama at the front desk was great! I was checked in by Ivy. What a superstar! Ivy did everything she possibly could to make my family happy with the rooms, which were great. Property is very nice, pool is indoor/outdoor and it is great. Thank you to all of you for your great service and an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for the great review! I will be happy to share your responses with my team. Please come back soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

From the Minute my family and I reached Tampa Airport within 10 minutes we was escorted to the Hotel by the shuttle by Yvonne and greeted by staff Such as James and Beverly that made us feel very welcome and as if it was our second home. They made Us feel very Comfortable! My Husband and Children are happy to visit this place again - they miss the warm hospitality that was presented to us. Thank you so much to all the warm and kind stay that you provided us with!

I reccommed people stay at this hotel if your in the area its worth it!!

Room Tip: The rooms are very spacous - especially the doubles!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

I really appreciate the kind words you have for my entire staff, especially Yvonne, James and Beverly. I am so happy that you and your entire family felt welcomed and at home ith us. I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone and to recognize Bev, Yvonne and James especially. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

When I was planning for this trip,i had to consider the wishes & knowledge of a pal I was meeting from Atlanta.He was a former resident of Tampa & knew more about this part of the bay than me.He really liked the idea of the Westshore & I let him book the hotel with trust in his judgement.The main reason of this choice was the ease & logistics to be a part of the festivities & gameday for getting around relative to the ball game.Although the room he booked was cramped for us in the beginning & lacked options because of demands(no vacancies).We were able to upgrade on our third night & the suite was much better.This hotel is very convenient to Raymond James Stadium(short taxi ride).The condition of the hotel were great & food options (inhouse)were good..Would consider this hotel again if the needs in the area were repeated.

Room Tip: 1bedroom suite is roomy & comfortable for small group.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying with us over the Outback Bowl! I am so happy that you like our location and the rooms. It really is just a short drive to Raymond James Stadium. I hope you choose us again on your next trip to Tampa, and I hope your team won!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Reached Tampa airport and called the hotel for shuttle service. Waited for more than 15 minutes before the shuttle showed up. The driver was like a Robot - no hi no bye. But beware he drove 50miles on the airport roads with 35miles speed limit!!!!
Reached the hotel, and the checkin process was smooth - again no smiles or greetings!
Room - though looked clean - the toilet had problems! Though it was fixed right away - just grossed me out!
The worst part was the "Continental breakfast for 2" that was included in the charges. Worst breakfast we ever had. The person minding the Bistro counter for breakfast was again No Smiles No greetings but added to she was Rude... Rude!! A bagel and on orange juice costs about $8 - which is not included in the continental breakfast!!!!!!
Having no one to answer details of continental breakfast, had a quick bite and went on to check out - as we were heading for a cruise ship. Thought we can have hearty lunch once on board.
Requested Taxi service to the port as the shuttle service will be available only after 1pm. Came out to the front lobby with our luggage - check out was smooth - again No Smiles No greetings or no thank you for choosing to stay there!!! Felt very cold place.

Room Tip: If you ever happen to stay here, opt out for breakfast. There are plenty of good restaurants within...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback on your recent visit to our property. I do apologize that any staff members were rude or indifferent, as this is not the normal level of service for our hotel and we do not tolerate it. I assure you that I take this information very seriously and it will be shared with our leadership team and all of our staff for additional training on our service standards and expectations. Thank you again for the feedback and the opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

despite the fact that this Courtyard had recently been redone, we were disappointed with our stay. For some reason we were assigned a handicapped room. It was okay; just don't like the layout as well. My husband parked the car and was told by security he needed a tag. We had not been given one, so despite it being after midnight, he had to go to the front desk and then back out to the car. The first hand towel I picked up was all ready dirty and their was hair that was not ours between the top sheet and comforter. At 1:00 am the toilet refused to fill. After removing the top of the tank and fiddling with it, we finally got it to work. The air conditioner was very loud, and did I mention, the sink was slow to drain. At one point it stopped draining completely, and for some reason, after I ran more water it started draining again.

All other Courtyard's we have ever stayed at have complimentary tea and coffee in the lobby in the morning in addition to what is in the room. This one did not. Based on our experience, I would not recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dkdtNE

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. I do apologize for any inconvenience we have caused by both issues in your room and service. This is definitely not the level of service and standards that we set and I will follow up with our staff. Again, I thank you for the opportuntity to correct our short falls.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I could not have asked for a better hotel stay last weekend! Customer service is indeed alive and well at the Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Westshore/Airport. From the moment I arrived, I was greeted by genuine smiles and a staff that valued me as a customer and person. No favor was too big or small. I have come to expect great service at Courtyard and this hotel did not disappoint. The room met all my needs, was comfortable, and was great for work or just lounging for the day. Everything was clean. Even the food was delicious! Raises all around!

Tamra H.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the pool so you avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for the positive feedback on our hotel and staff. I am so glad you felt like you were home. We'd love to see you come back to visit us agai soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

One night stay before cruise. Free hotel shuttle from a/p. Taxi to ships are $25 flat rate from here. Hotel also can arrange shuttle to ships for $10pp. Good clean room, good shower, great beds, mini fridge, a/c quieter than average, no highway noise. Nice to have 2 computers in the lobby. Staff very helpful.

Room Tip: Perhaps not facing highway, but we did and no noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us before your cruise. I am so glad you were able to take advantage of our cruise package with transportation to the port. Thank you for the great comments about my hotel and staff also! I hope you had a great time on your cruise, and please come see us again.