Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport
SailportSuites.com
US$224
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbrick housefacing the courtyardfront deskthe pool looked nicestarbucks coffeeworked greatconference roomwould stay againcomfortable bedsparking lotnice roomflat screenmini fridgean upgraderaymond james stadiumbusiness centershuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights & really like it. The staff were among the most friendly we have met. We did have to wait for an hour for our room but that was because we wanted one in a certain part of the hotel. The staff certainly got it right. Thank you.
Our only problem with the room was that the AC system was a little noisy at times, otherwise it was very good.
We did not eat here as we thought that it was a bit too expensive. Especially as there are numerous restaurants within 2 miles of the hotel.
It was never busy, you do not need to ask why.
I think that something could be improved here.

Room Tip: Depends on what you like but we wanted a balcony with the sun coming in. We got one on the 4th. floor facing West. Perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, please come back again soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at this Marriott for about a 2 month period for a work assignment and was happy with my stay. Overall the staff was friendly and responsive whenever I had an issue which was not often it was addressed. The hotel was clean and recently renovated in the lobby. The rooms were fairly up to date as well. Below are some thoughts:

Location
The Courtyard is located at a pretty busy intersection. There is construction on Westshore and so there are a few detours to the on ramp for the highway. If you have to be somewhere at a certain time then you should build in some lead time for the highway detours. The detours weren’t that bad but if you are not prepared for it then it could be annoying. The location was pretty quiet and I didn’t have complaints about much noise.
The Yankees spring training stadium is also not too far away. It’s about a 5-10 minute drive.

The courtyard has a bistro but the food is not that great. It’s a courtyard and so I don’t expect the food to be amazing. However, there is a Brickhouse restaurant right next door to the hotel. There is actually a gate that provides a shortcut. The food is pretty good and they have a pretty decently priced happy hour- half off appetizers and inexpensive drinks. There is an also a mall nearby that has the Cheesecake factory, Capital Grille and the Blue Martini. There is also a Brazilian Steakhouse nearby.
Transportation
You definitely need a car if you want to get around. The hotel does have a shuttle that can take you to the nearby attractions and restaurants including the mall but you will have to wait to be picked up depending on how busy it is. The shuttle also takes you the airport.

Amenities
The Courtyard has an outdoor seating area, pool and exercise room. The exercise room is fairly small with only about 4 machines. There is also a game room that has tennis tables. I honestly didn’t use the amenities that much and so I can really speak to how great they are.
The rooms do have free internet which was a standard connection. I have a hotspot and so I typically prefer to use it instead.

Staff/Customer Service
The staff was pretty friendly. I had an issue during one stay about the cleanliness of my room upon arrival and it was addressed in a professional manner. I’m not one to form an opinion about an establishment due to one mishap but I will form an opinion based upon the response to the mishap.

If you are looking for an affordable, clean and fairly new location to stay in Tampa then this courtyard is a great location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the great feedback on your recent stay with us. I am so glad that the rooms, our staff and our overall location worked well for you. As you mentioned we are pretty accessible to a lot of restaurants and shopping nearby, with a tropical pool and Courtyard area to relax in. I will definintely share your feedback with my team. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I went down here for a conference in November 2013. Paid $89/night for three nights. I thought the hotel was very nice and that the location was solid; it's about 15 minutes to downtown with traffic and is much cheaper than staying downtown. Easy access to the airport and to bridges to Clearwater/St. Pete.

I didn't understand the previous comment about no wi-fi in the rooms. I had free wi-fi in my room and it worked well. The hotel has been recently updated, so that's a plus. Parking could be a little dicey here, but I was able to find parking fairly late on all 3 nights. Pool seemed nice, and I think there is table tennis here, so your kids have some potential recreation options within the hotel if you're looking to stay here instead of somewhere more expensive.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. We really appreciate the feedback. I am so happy that you enjoyed the rooms, pool area and the table tennis options we have for families. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

No WiFi in the rooms. Must go to lobby for internet access. No WiFi in convention rooms either. Fitness Center: 2 of 3 elliptical machines did not work. I expect much more from a Marriott. For this level of amenities, I could have stayed (and paid) for a Motel 6.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank yo for the feedback on your recent visit to Tampa. I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience while here. I am not sure if the feedback given was for the Tampa Westshore Courtyard by Marriott or another Marriott in our area -as we do not have 2 elliptical machines in our exercise room and we do offer compliementary wi-fi everywhere in the hotel including our 2 meeting rooms. However whether it was our Courtyard or another Marriott in Tampa your feedback is very valuable and we will use it to ensure our guests have a great stay. Thank you again.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I recently stayed here on business at a night rate of $229. I was asked on checking in if I minded a room change as the ones that had been booked were not available. I was awarded with a room with a king-sized bed. This was ok until I found that my room faced the highway and there was construction going on. I immediately understood why they had room vacancy problems. Hearing the sound of a back up horn until after 11p and then again beginning at 4 am did not lend itself to a restful atmosphere. The bathroom area was small and VERY poorly lit. The room otherwise was very typical of this chain. It was clean and well kept with the exception of the carpeting which appeared to be quite old. The other issue that I had was the air/heating unit being horrendously loud when it went on and off. I left a note for the housekeeping staff and the maintenance staff promptly took care of the issue for me, and went so far as to leave me a message on my room phone that if it was not to my satisfaction to let him know. It was fine until about 2am when it began acting up again, at which point I turned it off (again). I did leave another note on checkout. The Bistro was nice however after traveling all day you do not necessarily want to wait on yourself. Breakfast was good and of course Starbucks Coffee choices were fantastic. Security was apparent and that made me secure. Overall this hotel was a bit more than I would have spent given that it is only a Courtyard. Add to that the room noise from traffic (motorcycles were very common during the night) and construction, one would definitely want an inside/pool side room.

Room Tip: Ask for an inner room facing the poolside. The outer rooms are VERY noisy and you hear traffic all the time.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you so much for the feedback on our hotel after your recent visit. I am so sorry the highway construction and AC noise prevented you from getting a good night sleep. I can certainly understand your frustration and have been in contact with the crew to alleviate this issue. I appreciate the feedback so we can continue to improve our hotel and service. Thank you for the great comments on my team, and I do hope you come back for another visit soon.