“Avoid!! Beware!! How is this still open?!?!?!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens
Ranked #134 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Avoid!! Beware!! How is this still open?!?!?!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have just stayed here was only here for the night and that was too long, anything linger than a second here is way too long. The area is very sketchy to say the least, not to mention the fear of your safety. We thought don't judge the hotel by the area of the run down site of the front we would check the room out first. Also upon checking in they took an actual photocopy if our credit card and dine an impression on the bill, haven't had that done ever before!! So warning possible card cloning going on. After check in we made it to the room opened the door and thought what is this???? Got into the room and there were stains everywhere, dirt was mounting up and it just made you feel dirty. I wouldn't be surprised if this hotel was infested with something since leaving I have noticed so many bites over my body. None of the lights really worked in the room I believe this to be so you couldn't see the state the room was in, we were unable to secure the door properly and had to use the chair to secure the door in place. The bathroom was disgusting was so not clean a pile of dust just building up I doubt the floor has been washed in months, the fan above the toilet looked like it was ready to fall. We decided not to have a shower in the morning as we felt we would feel more dirtier than when we got in the shower. The internet didn't work called reception they blamed the storm, the storm was already over! We wasn't expecting pure luxury considering the rate we paid but was at least expecting habitable, fell this hotel needs to be condemned or at least a major make over and clean. When we checked out I mentioned everything to the guy at the reception he was basically laughing and just said have a good day, so clearly they don't care and by judging the other reviews on here don't think I am on my own here. I have pictures that I will upload, if possible avoid booking if you have booked change hotels this one really isn't worth it at all!! We didn't have breakfast due to the fact of the cleanliness of the rooms doubt the kitchen is any better!

Room Tip: Don't stay in any room book a different hotel!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for this feedback, which we will use in our efforts to further improve the hotel. I’m sorry we didn’t meet your needs. Please understand that hundreds each month are completely satisfied with their experience here. I’m terribly sorry, however, that the accommodations we provided did not appeal to you. We’re getting better each day and hope you can try us again in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Plantation
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Filthy room, blanket had holes, sheets looked like they had been slept in. We stayed two days, room was not cleaned second day, coffee was still dirty, no new towels or coffee were put there. TV full of static and we had to ask for a remote because volume button on TV set was broken. We chose it because it was across Bush Gardens but even that was not true, entrance is about two miles away on the other side of park. We had prepaid with Priceline so we were stuck.
I have traveled the whole country and this is the worst motel I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Nice Holiday Inn next door and LaQuinta across street
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the feedback. Please understand that while we’re involved in a continuous improvement process, we still satisfy dozens of people every week. I’m terribly sorry, however, that we did not satisfy you in this case. We value every guest and take pride in this property, and I apologize that we did not meet your needs. I hope you will come again soon and see how we’re changing.

Hotel Manager