“I wouldn't stay there again”

Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens
Ranked #135 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Decatur, Alabama
“I wouldn't stay there again”
Reviewed 19 August 2004

My family and I stayed at Days Inn Busch Gardens the end of July. When we arrived, the desk clerk didn't even welcome us or tell us anything about the hotel. We had to ask how to get to our room. We were set to receive a package from King's Creek Resorts, but weren't offered this. The package included a coupon book for restaurants, etc. that we could have used. When we arrived at the room, the lamps, TV, and alarm clock were unplugged. We made arrangements for 2 adults, and two children, but only received bath towels, etc for two. We never received a wake up call after calling for one.

4 Thank house_dsgnr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 21 June 2004

This place was the worst ever! I have been to motels in the Bronx that are better than this place. They say they are closest to Busch Gardens and that you can walk there but they are still about a mile away! I tried to get a room at the Baymont Inn across the street but they were all booked. Although they cost a bit more I was more than willing to pay, it looked like the Hilton compared to Days Inn. The rooms were disgusting, the beds weren't stable, the rugs looked like they never been cleaned. I didn't even want to take a shower, the bathroom was horrible and very dim with spiderwebs and dust in the corners. They are definitly giving Days Inn a really bad rep. I never want to stay in another one of their hotels ever! THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL EVER.

• Stayed June 2004
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Gulfport, MS
Reviewed 18 June 2004

Having never been to Tampa before, we selected the hotel closest to Busch Gardens. That's the only positive thing about this hotel. We arrived in town and checked in around 2am; we checked out at 8am and moved to the Baymont across the street. The hotel is next door to a club that had loud music blaring. Our room was on the ground floor facing the pool but there was nowhere to park. Everything was dirty and stained (the carpet, the chairs, bloodstains on the sheets, the entire bathroom) or broken (the locks on the door). There was a microwave and fridge in the room but I was too scared to open them. I have been told to avoid all Days Inns in Orlando; I have now added the Days Inn in Tampa to that list.

5 Thank rachelw17
Reviewed 17 June 2004

Stayed here for one night in May 2004 and that was one night too many. I would have liked to have given this a ‘0’ rating but that’s not an option so it has to be a ‘1’. The only good thing about this place is that it’s so near to Busch Gardens (but with so many other motels in the area there are plenty of other options). The key/lock to the room was very temperamental, the room itself smelt musty and the general standard of décor was poor/tatty. After showering the next morning we discovered the bath leaked and the floor was awash, and also that the carpet near the door was damp. Reported the problems to Reception but no apology was offered. The general atmosphere around the hotel is not pleasant and the buildings look shabby.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2004

busch gardens was great!! the problem was the days inn across the street. the room was cheap enough.but the room looked like a war zone . wall paper falling off the walls water stains all over ,rugs scummy.date we stayed were feb 29-march 2 .the room was upstairs i think 238? not in caring condition at all.I GUESS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! I have stayed at many days inn nothing like this one.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 3 March 2004

Hotel was great because of the fridge and microwave in the rooms, but for a Days Inn, you can't expect too much for less than $40. If you want a quiet and peaceful room, ask for a room in the back because Busch Blvd is very busy, and onsite is a 24 hr Denny's, a Taco Bell drive thru open until 3am, and a club open till 5am. I live on a busy street myself so this wasnt too much of a problem personally.

• Stayed February 2004
6 Thank lowcochica
Travellers also viewed these Tampa hotels
La Quinta Inn Tampa Near Busch Gardens
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Busch Gardens Area
Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Near Busch Gardens
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tampa North - Busch Gardens
West Wing Boutique Hotel
West Wing Boutique Hotel
#28 of 163 in Tampa

Been to Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens

Property: Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens
Address: 2901 E Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612-8731 (Formerly Days Inn West of Busch Gardens)
Region: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #135 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens 2*
Modern - Near Busch Gardens. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn West Of Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa