“Friendly Staff-Great Location”

Ranked #99 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Saint Louis
“Friendly Staff-Great Location”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Great location to stay before a cruise out of Port of Tampa. Prompt complimentary pick up from airport. $8 pp charge to port the next morning. Staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel was very clean. Offers a hot complimentary breakfast from 6a to 9a.
Publix and many other stores along with numerous places to dine very nearby.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank RickFSt_LouisMO_USA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

Near the airport, pay a fair price for what I got, the attention of the was excellent, have breakfast, small but very good location.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Victorrp2000
Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We booked this hotel for one night before leaving on a cruise the next day. When we arrived at the airport in Tampa, we called for the shuttle. They told me it would be about 20 minutes, which was fine, but I think it only took them about 10 minutes, it was great. Bryan at the front desk was extremely pleasant and gave us plenty of information on what was nearby. By the way, continued success in your schooling Bryan! After we settle it, we walked to the Fresh Market which was behind the hotel, and got our wine for our cruise. After that, we took maybe a 5 minute walk down a road to a place called Square 1 Burgers. I'd definitely suggest you try there. Anyway, the hotel room was perfectly clean and comfortable. I really didn't notice any street noise, so I was happy about that. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. What more can you ask for? The next morning we enjoyed the free breakfast before taking the hotel provided shuttle to the cruise terminal. At only $8 a person I don't think you can beat that. If we cruise out of Tampa again, we will definitely stay at this hotel again. I used rewards points when I booked this reservation, so the room was no cost to us. Can't beat that!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tib3322
minnesota
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed on our arrival and departure days on a trip to the Tampa area. The hotel location and shuttle service are very convenient for the airport. The hotel is an older hotel (maybe we were staying in an older wing), but the rooms were clean and seem to have been refurbished (new paint, furnishings). The breakfast was good. One day, a retainer container left on the bathroom sink had small ants crawling on it in the morning. We didn't see ants on our second stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
SW Florida
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed at this Quality Inn near the airport for three nights just before Easter. I was looking for a clean, safe, place with breakfast included and free WiFi. That's exactly what I got. Everything worked in the room and the bed was very comfortable. The front desk person was efficient but not very friendly and the air conditioner was loud but didn't disturb my sleep. I was in the "new" section so you may want to ask for that building. Several guests were staying there the night before a cruise. There is a shuttle from the airport and you can take the hotel shuttle to the dock to board your cruise. I didn't hear any noise from the airport. There is a good restaurant next to the hotel named Grill Smyth. I enjoyed a great steak there.

Room Tip: No elevators, ask for the new section, check noise from the air conditioner before accepting the roo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Gulfport, Florida
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Just what I needed the night before return trip home last week, and loved that it was right next to a Fresh Market so I didn't have to go to a restaurant or fast food place again. Price was right and room was better than I expected. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This Quality Inn needs a good remodeling. I liked the location and price. But even though I had a Non-smoking room I could still smell a residual odor of smoking. I'm sure the walls and all are permeated and the only thing that would eliminate it would be a true refurb and remodel. Otherwise it's a good value with a great location.

• Stayed March 2012