“Good Stay.. Keep the Loud Neighbors Away!”

Quality Inn Airport
Ranked #106 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The rooms are high quality for a budget hotel. I had a large flat screen television, sleek microwave, micro fridge, and decent furniture. The room was spotless, setting aside minor discrepancies. (I did find a hair in both the fridge and shower. I also had a small pink stain on my pillow case.) I am more use to high end hotels, so my neighbors being extremely loud at all hours of the night without it being attended to was disheartening. Speaking of loud, I had a day off from work but could not sleep-in due to the fact that the housekeeping ladies shout at each other all morning. The front desk staff are extremely kind and helpful. The breakfast is the best I have seen at a budget hotel, as they have several hot and cold options. The wireless internet is very convenient.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed here one night prior to a last minute cruise. The two front desk staff were very busy checking people in as it was early evening, but were courteous and helpful. We booked the cruise shuttle for the next day (the earlier departure times are quickly booked, we got the last one, cost $8 per person.) After checking in we took our rental car back to the airport and had arranged for the free shuttle back to the hotel (easily arranged and quick). The hotel is older and somewhat dated, but was okay for a budget night stay (we only paid $71 on the choice hotel site). We had a comfortable night's sleep and there was a fridge and microwave. The lobby is small and that is where the breakfast is, and it was standing room only. The breakfast was not that good, and it was very busy and items were not replenished, but we had something to tide us over until we got to the ship. There is one computer in the lobby for use. We used the pool and relaxed in lounge chairs while we waited for the shuttle and it was quiet and nice enough. Shuttle driver to the cruise very friendly and efficient.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ladyslippers
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel is very close to the airport and in a decent area. I interacted with two from desk ladies- Kimberly at check in, and she was very nice and answered any question we had as well as gave us some pointers around the area. The other girl was at check out and I didn't get her name but she said she was new. Very nice girl and did a great job.

The rooms were clean, beds were comfy and everything worked like it was supposed to. The cute little windows in the bathrooms open which was nice since there was not a fan in there.

breakfast was good, overall had a great stay. I would stay here again for sure if I come back to the Tampa area.

Thanks!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2013

staff where excellent very helpful, especially the transfer driver who took us to and from the airport.The hotel was clean and comfortable.We had a great nights sleep and a good breakfast.
a really pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank william s
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff. Not bad relationship between price and overall value. Simple but provided basic comfort and I got a good sleep. Clean room and bathroom. Also very convenient (close to Tampa Airport and to downtown Tampa). Very good breakfast in the morning. I would definitely stay there again if I ever come to Tampa.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Vlad B
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn Tampa Airport once in July 2013 (3 nights) and once in August 2013 (1 night).
This hotel is very convenient for Tampa Airport, and provides free airport transportation - just ring from the arrivals/ baggage claim hall (return to the airport is on the hour). The driver was one of the friendliest people I have ever met at a hotel.
The rooms are clean, with a flat screen TV, bath/shower and a separate sink/vanity area. The beds are very comfortable. Free wifi is available, and works reasonably well. Usefully, there is a microwave and a fridge in the room.
This hotel is an older hotel, but has been refitted and subsequently looked after very well. Outside, there is a good sized parking lot, and a great pool. Breakfast is served in the lobby, and the selection is good.
However, the best thing about this hotel is the staff. They are very friendly and always helpful.
I would certainly recommend this hotel for both one night airport stays, and extended stays when visiting the Tampa area. I doubt you'll find a hotel in the area that is as friendly and has such good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tomtomone
Reviewed 28 July 2013

As soon as we stepped in the room, we could make out that the room had been smoked into. We went down to the front desk and asked to check our room. Not surprisingly, we were allotted another room. I got locked into the bathroom. The liver would not unlock. They changed the lock quick enough, but ladies travelling with us were very uncomfortable, as it took us more than half our to settle in the room.

Room Tip: Check everything in your room to find them in working order.