Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore
Ranked #30 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

Spent the week here while on Business. The staff was great and made my stay comfortable, fun, and enjoyable. Doug M and Lori from the front desk were efficient with a welcome smile after a day of flying. The rooms were clean, and the hotel lobby was great. I had a rental car, but I understand they offer a shuttle service to locations nearby. When you visit, be sure to say hi to Patrick and Don Martin at the nightly Manager's reception. These guys are great and will take good care of you. After some snacks and a few drinks, consider stopping by the bay cafe for dinner. If you are tired and don't feel like going out, they won't disappoint. The grouper sandwhich is great, and I get it at least once every time I come in. And of course they have the well known embassy suites breakfast, starting at 6:30AM which is great for us business folks who got early meetings. Was also very impressed at the newly renovated exercise room... guilt me into some daily exercise. Great variety of equipment with personal tvs on each machine! Overall an Awesome Stay! I'll be back.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, consider a room away from the elevators. Didn't bother me, but some...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lori L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
Dear Don M,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to go on TripAdvisor to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad we were able to make you feel welcome!

We look forward to your next visit with us!

With regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

I always like Embassy Suites, and this was pretty good. Other than driving right by it because the sign was high & it was dark, no major issues. Unless having to walk down from the 3rd level of the parking garage counts. If there was an elevator, we never found it. We did get there in time for the Manager's Reception, and while the food wasn't that great, the bartender was pouring good drinks! We also got to sleep in - check-out time is noon. They offer a package deal for cruisers which included parking and shuttle service to the cruise terminal which is why we picked this hotel. I'd do it again, and hope to soon, because the cruise was great!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

We stayed here before a flight and I read the reviews so I was a little nervous since we have stayed at many embassy"s and they have all been very nice. First I have to say yes there is a scent in the lobby I thought it was mor of a pine scent for Christmas or a lemon grass either was it fit the lobby all modern with bamboo floors and a waterfall I loved the scent it was not to strong and it was very pleasant. The night we stayed the hotel was full it had a group of soccer players for a tournament I was very worried about the noise....well there was none we heard nothing after 9pm they put us in a corner room which I think was great and we didn"t have any issues with noise at all. The rooms and elevator are older and need updating but nothing was dirty I do believe they are going to do some updating soon. The managers reception area was one of the best we have had the staff super friendly and being able to sit outside and enjoy a nice evening was great.The breakfast area also very large and efficient not the best of selections you would think that maybe oranges or strawberry's would be a good local fruit that could be offered just a thought you are in florida and your oranges are awsome so why not offer them to your guests for breakfast. But we had a good breakfast. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to others and if we are back in the area would stay here again ourselves.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear loriny66,

Thank you for staying at the Embassy Suites Tampa-Westshore and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor!

We are looking forward to a renovation of our rooms next spring! The lobby was remodeled this past year and we are excited that our rooms will be just as beautiful.

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

We arrived around 11:30 - too soon to check in, so they happily checked our luggage. Lobby was busy due to other cruise departures and a football game. The pool looked nice even though we didn't use it. Our room was very nice, but a strange layout - kind of U shaped - sitting room to the right with a hall to the bath/bath. Nice flatscreen TVs, comfortable bed. All furniture looked good to us, even though we didn't unpack and use the dresser. Good snacks and drinks at the manager's reception. Breakfast was good too - though the selection of pastries was more like the kind you see at a continental breakfast at a cheap hotel. Quick shuttle service from airport.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lori L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
Dear Notmanyhotelstays,

I am glad you had the opportunity to stay with us before you went on your cruise. Thank you for writing such a nice reviw on TripAdvisor! We appreciate our guests' feedback as it allows us to identify areas we are doing well in so that we can continue our excellent service.
I am glad you enjoyed the Cooked-To-Order breakfast - our omelets are very popular! I hope you make us your hotel of choice the next time you visit Tampa.

The Villages, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

then this hotel is for you! It seems that Embassy Suites hotels now have scents in their lobbies. Why? I'm awaiting an answer from them. This lobby scent was evident at 2 Embassy Suites hotels we went to in Tampa last week. The other was the Tampa-Brandon one, of which I wrote a comment to Trip Advisor about the Coconut scent in their lobby.
We couldn't trust that the rooms wouldn't smell, so they directed us to another Hilton hotel around the corner that was not an Embassy Suites!

Room Tip: We didn't actually stay here. After smelling the scent in their lobby, on top of the strong coco...
Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Travelers36,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. It unfortunate that the caramel smell in the lobby prevented you from actually staying in one of our guest suites. I am confident you would have enjoyed your stay with us.

Coronado, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We spent the weekend here with grandchildren. It is very family friendly with animal crackers & M&M's available during the happy hour. Breakfast was extensive. The hotel was full but there was plenty of parking. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lori L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Dear Saltspringsgirl,

I am glad you and your grandchildren enjoyed your stay at the Embassy Suites Tampa-Westshore! I will pass along your compliments to the staff regarding their friendliness and our great breakfast.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor!

With regards,

Ft. Lauderdale
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

This hotel may have a beautiful lobby but stop there and turn around. Rooms are old with old furniture, old loud A/C units that barely cool room down. Cooler outside in November in Tampa than it is inside. Batteries dead in TV remote, mini fridge not cold enough to cool a bottle of water and self parking in a dark garage for $8 a day. Hope I don't get mugged tonight. Oh, can't forget the super slow internet that I am using to write this review! Thinking of checking out because Benjamin Howell is not really doing such a great job as the General manager of this property. Guess being Diamond level member only means they have info on file. I don't really ever complain about the little things but being that this is a vacation and not business travel, I feel that the general public needs to be aware. Gotta go,...checking out and moving to the Homewood Suites just a few blocks away. Look for my review in a few hours.
PS. I'm keeping the 2 bottles of water, 2 apples and my Snickers bar!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lori L, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Dear Mickonrun,

“I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while at our hotel. We take great pride in the service we provide and are disappointed when we don’t meet our guests' expectations. We will be starting our guest room renovation in the first part of 2012. Please contact me at benjamin.howell@hilton.com as I would like to further discuss the issues you had.”

Benjamin Howell